Round Two of Mistakes

Based off the vibes in the room I already know what Ayna is about to say.

"Flint I'm..."

I raise my hand to stop her from speaking and rub the bags under my eyes, "How could you do this Ayna, we said we wouldn't do it."

"I knew that we couldn't handle another one. Not after Sky. It's too hard."

It takes all I have not to slam my hands into the wall, "It's too hard Ayna? Really? Who is the one that took in Sky? Who is the one that puts a roof over Sky's head, or feeds him, or deals with the stress of not only getting themselves to school but making sure someone is there to watch Sky? That isn't you Ayna that's me. Who is there giving him baths after school, who is the one holding him or hours not able to do their own homework because Sky is unhappy? Not you Ayna, not you. So you can't fucking tell me that you are the one who is having the hard side to this child raising thing Ayna. So you better give me a better excuse as to why you aborted this child, even more so without even telling me that you were pregnant."

"I knew that you would want to keep it Flint, and in this case it might be 100% your say on if I should have kept it or not."

"What do you mean?" I know the answer far before she has the courage to say it out loud.

"I've been cheating on you with Collin for a while now, and there was a chance it was his too."

My hands are in such tight fists that I feel my palms ache, maybe even drip with blood. "Did you talk to him about it?"

"Yes he said that neither of us could handle it and that the smartest choice was to get rid of it."

Leaning against the wall, I begin to chuckle to myself. Then before I know it the chuckling grows. It's not a chuckle anymore, it's an all-out laugh. "You are toxic as hell you know that Ayna."

She gives me the finger and mumbles, "You say that, but yet you always come back for more."

"Everyone comes back for more Ayna because you aren't hard to get back to."

She walks up to me with a sarcastic smile and puts her hands into my hair, "So Flint, with this baby no longer being a problem, and with Collin being out in the open, are we done?" I can see the devil himself dancing behind her dark brown eyes, but even then I'm left with a pit in my heart and stomach, "No." I mumble.

"I figured, God Flint you are the worst bad boy in school but we both know you need love, and whether you like how I do it or not you know I'm the only one who respects you enough to give it to you."

I look down at the floor for a moment and then back into her evil eyes, "I need to go, Sky will need picked up soon."

"Alright you pitiful thing." Ayna walks away with a confidence that disgusts me, and I walk away to my car with a longing for whiskey and a beatless heart.