Chapter 7: Secrets

So here I am, sharing popcorn while watching a thriller movie with a guy I barely know. But I just want to know him better. I wonder if he thinks the same way about me. It’s a good thing I’m talking to myself right now. If he hears me saying those words in public, I’ll flip and never come back to Hollywood again.

I think he notices me talking in my head. Damn.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked.

“I’m fine.” I smiled and shoved popcorn onto my mouth. He started laughing quietly. “What?” I’m still trying to chew the pop corn that’s sliding out my mouth. He continues to laugh and suddenly the people behind us told us to be quiet.

After the movie, we went straight to the arcade. We played basketball, videogames and other fun stuff. He even played the claw machine and won a cute duck and gave it to me.

“Hey it looks just like you.” I smiled and put the stuffed animal beside him. He then makes a weird duck face and we both laugh.

While walking outside the mall everything went suddenly became silent. We just ran out of topic. It was so awkward now. I squeeze my duck to my chest as I watch him walk beside me. So I decided to break the silence.

 “Sorry. I don’t really know how to act on dates.”

“Nah its fine. I had great time with you today. It was the best date EVER!” He said and gave me a sweet smile.  “So did you have fun?”

“Definitely! I have never experience this before.”

“Even with Greyson?” I was shocked. Whoops that one slipped through my mouth.

“Uhm.”

“So you’re saying Greyson has never taken you out on a date before?” I shook my head. “Huh. Didn’t see that coming.” We continued to walk and that awkward silence came back again.

.

.

.

“So are you and Gigi like this?”

He turns his direction on me.

“Like what?” He asked.

“Having fun dates like this?”

“No.”

“What do you mean? You never have an actual date with Gigi?”

“Yes.” He sighed. “To tell you the truth I-“   His phone rang. “Hello?” He looked at me. “Oh okay I’ll be right there but is it okay if I bring a special friend?” He winked at me. “It’s a secret. Great I’ll see you there.” He hung up.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“It’s my mom. Come with me.”

“Where?”

“My house.” He smiled. “Mom’s cooking tonight.”

“Uhm okay.”

Okay I know it’s a bit sudden but I was really hungry that time.

So we head to their house and I ask Cody if I could bring my cousin over because her shift in the hospital is done and besides, there’s no food in the apartment so he said yes. When we arrived, everyone welcomed me into the house except for Alli. She’s been giving me a cold shoulder ever since I set foot in their house. We were halfway with dinner when my cousin finally arrived. She sat down beside me. We’re finally done with dinner everyone left the dining area except my cousin, who’s still eating and Cody’s parents. They seemed to be talking about something. But cousin Jen don’t want to tell me. So Cody invited me to explore the one area in their entire house that I haven’t seen yet; The Garden.

We stroll around their enormous garden. I have to say, it’s the most magical place I’ve ever seen. I love how the moon shines on the large pond with dinner-plate-sized water lilies. We took a seat on a wooden bench beside the right side of the pond. I couldn’t help but admire the beauty of the night sky. The stars were shining as bright as the moon. I feel like I’m in space. And the stars were so close I can even touch them.

I didn’t notice that Cody was already staring at me until I heard him giggled.

“Hm? What?” I asked.

“Nothing. You look so cute when you stare at the sky like that.” I think I blush there. But I really wish I didn’t.

“I have never seen the stars shine like this before.” 

“Me too. It feels like magic?” We stared at each other and laugh. “Every night I always go out here. But I have never seen the moon and stars shine like this before. Maybe it’s a sign.” He chuckled.

“A sign of what?”

“That something good is going to happen.” He smiled at me and I smiled back.

After that my Cody’s mom came out and told me that my cousin is already done and she also said we’re always welcome in their house. I can honestly say she’s the sweetest mom I never had. So my cousin and I went home. We rode a bus and I was shocked. The moment I stepped inside the bus all the people started whispering to each other. Then an old lady came up in front of me.

“Excuse me dear; are you the one who performed on the Ellen show?”

“Uhm yes.” I smiled. The atmosphere became awkward because of all the people staring at me.

“OH!” She cried. “Can we take a picture with you?”

“Uhm yes of course.” Whoa. I can’t believe these people recognize me. And they even want to take a picture with me. It’s so weird.

Everyone started to cocoon me and wants to take pictures. I can’t help but smile. What’s left to do?

We finally made it home and my cousin and I both sat on the sofa. Not a moment later, we found ourselves staring on the ceiling. Then

“Congrats El.” She smiled.

“Thanks.”

“I know you’re mom will be so proud of you.”

“No she won’t.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I faked a smile. “I have to get to bed. Goodnight cousin Jen.”

“Goodnight.” She smiled.

I went to my bedroom and locked the door. I jumped on my bed and started crying. I just hate it whenever someone mentions her. It makes me very emotional and I absolutely hate it.

 •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

[A/N]: Sorry about this update! I know it doesn't make any sense now but I promise it will all be revealed soon. Thanks for reading it! VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. :)