reminisce

reminisce: verb
indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events

Jimin's Point of View

'Hoseok... Of course I'll meet you...'

'Park, you've been flying back and forth but you never tell anyone! You have to meet me this time.'

'You know why I don't...' my voice softened over the phone.

'Right, I'm sorry. Well, I'm free anytime, so just call.' Hoseok smiled as he flipped through baby books.

I exhaled, looking out the window of the backseat.

'I will. Say hi to Dawon for me.'

'Yup. Have fun at the showcase.'

Sighing, I looked out at the cars and buildings whizzing by, longingly hoping that maybe, I could stay in the city this time, if my schedule permits.

I've never had a reason to a stay. Even though I've come to love the city, I need something, someone, to stay for.
But without a doubt, moving back to Korea was the best choice I made.

'Sir', my chauffeur turned around, 'We've arrived.'

'Thank you, Kang.' I nodded, exiting the town car.

I was immediately hit by flashing lights, camera shutters going off and a commotion of people.

I buttoned my suit jacket, ducking my head, entering the hall that I was once so familiar with. Mr. Alexander, my former teacher, shook my hand.

'I am so thrilled to see you again, Jimin, or should I say, Mr. Park.'

Cringing at the formal greeting, I still gave my teacher a bright smile.

'It was so generous of you to take time off and fly all the way here.'

'Anything for Allure.'

'Follow me. The other judges have arrived, the show will commence as soon as you're comfortable.'

Just a year ago Mr. Alexander was yelling at me for forgetting choreography, now look what it's come to.

'Am I late?' I asked.

'Erm, slightly, but it's all right, the other judges know you.' Mr. Alexander replied, walking forward to take seat.

I knew I should've booked an earlier flight.
Airlines shouldn't be trusted.

I pulled my chair out, feeling insanely apologetic, 'I'm so sorry I'm late, my flight was delayed and-'

And my heart stopped beating.

I fumbled with my chair, accidentally sitting on my hand. I looked back at the two people who eyes were fixed on me.

'Uh.', I tried to speak.

Wow.
You've really got no words, huh?

My tongue was tied, so I just smiled and waved.

Who the hell smiles and waves?
You aren't the Princess of Genovia!

In the midst of all this, Taehyung looked smug. So fucking smug, like he devised this sick plan all by himself.