nosh-up

nosh-up: noun
a large meal

[play media]

Rose's Point of View

He stands in front of me, in trousers and a dress shirt with detailing on the collar, just as I stand in front of him in a conservative, silk, evening dress. I hold my clutch in one hand just as he holds a thin bouquet of daffodils, in a nosegay of budding lilly-of-the-valley flowers.

Together, we wear smiles.
Smiles that reach our ears, smiles that mean so much.

'Can I quickly put these in some water before we leave?', I politely ask him.

'Sure.', he smiles, following me inside my home.

He looks around noticing that I changed the paint and rearranged all my furniture.

'What did you do to the place?', he asked.

'Just changed a couple of things since I needed a fresh start...', I awkwardly said as I cut the stems of the flowers and stuck them into a water-filled vase.

'Shall we?', I asked Jimin, who was preoccupied, staring blankly at my living room.

He takes his hands out of his pockets, offering one to me. We go outside where his car awaits us. He opens the door for me before getting in on the other side.

I place my hand over his, and he immediately stares down at it.

'The flowers were stunning, thank you... For taking me out too.'

He weakly smiled.

'I never took you out to dinner, did I?'

I didn't know what to say, Jimin was clearly unsettled because although we were trying to start afresh, our past kept latching itself onto our present.

'Hey,', I squeezed his hand, 'A dinner can't compare to what you've done for me. Plus we're having a do-over, so cheer up!'

Jimin looked at me as his lips stretched into a grin once again, 'You are the strongest person I know.'

'You're the most cringe-worthy person I know.', I teased.

'I am the coolest.', he said, sticking his nose into the air.

'Really? Where's your bike and leather jacket? Now that Jimin was way cooler.', I continued to pull his leg.

Jimin snatched his hand away from me, folding his arms across his chest as we soon pulled into the hotel driveway.

I was surprised when my door was opened by the valet. Jimin came to my side instantly, lightly placing his hand in my hip, but not pulling me close.

'This isn't over.', he whispered lowly.

Deja vu.

I'm taken into a beautiful restaurant with golden panelling and carving amongst the walls up to the ceiling. The cream furniture had gold detailing around the edges, tying everything together.
We followed a hostess who took us away from the traditional interiors to an outdoor seating area where a few tables and chairs stood.