colloquy

colloquy: noun
a conversation

[play media]

Jimin's Point of View

'Mr. Park?'

I raised my eyebrows, forcing myself to look back at the realtor.

'What do you think?', she asks, forcing a tight-lipped smile onto her painted lips.

I stare at the plain eggshell walls blankly, mind distracted by strawberry scented hair.

'It's fine.', I state.

'You can re-do the entire building, from wall to wall, if you're willing to pay full market price.'

'It's not in the company's budget.'

'Rent it out until you can.'

I shook my head, kicking a piece of drywall on the ground.

'I can't even afford the down payment.'

'I'll talk to the owners. But I don't think they'll be willing to negotiate...', the realtor said.

I bit my lip.

'It's all right. Thank you for your time.', I smiled, exiting the building.

Kang opened the door to the back seat of the car for me. Before I slid in, I called Taehyung.

'I'm busy, Park, this better be good.'

'I need to meet your girlfriend, I'm really pissed off.'

'Look, I'd stay and chat, but we've just released the photos for the new line, Jada is with me so maybe another time.'

'Text me your address.', I said, before my phone beeped.

An unknown number?

I picked up the call, hanging up on Taehyung.

'Is this Jimin?'

'Yes, this is he.'

'My name's Mateo, I'm Rose's-'

'Look, buddy, I'm not interested in talking to you.', I cut him off.

'That's too bad, I need to talk to you.'

'I'm busy, I'm on my way to an opening.'

'It's about Rose. It's important.'

I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face.

'I'll text you the address.'

___________________

Flattening out my blazer, I entered a gallery that was crowded with people. On the walls were framed shots of the models, a light falling down on each picture. The viewers were dressed in major fashion labels, some clutched onto their notepads, some held cameras and some carried purses that cost more than my rent.

Out by the brochures was a snack bar of sugary treats, all in colours of Bangladesh green, Rufous red, light gold and black. Little bees, snakes and tigers adorned the tops of cookies and cupcakes. Waiters floated through the masses, serving glasses of bubbly champagne with constant smiles on their faces.

I strut into the gallery, pushing past all the people, much less waiter-like and more Jimin-like. I spotted Taehyung with a look on his face that definitely meant he was explaining something as a journalist stood by his side, nodding as she recorded his voice.