benevolence

benevolence: noun
kindness.

oh my god you guys have no idea how sorry i am for updating this late aaaah

[play media]

Rose's Point of View

'Hey, everybody!', Taehyung announced his presence as he stepped inside the Jung home. It was glimmering in tastefulness, the traditional home decorated in old gold and vermilion. Every window bearing a wreath and every glass tipped with a golden lining. The grand ornamentation in each corner of the home made it a sigh to see.

J, who sat on the floor helping Jiwoo assemble her toy train around the Christmas tree immediately stood up at the row of his voice.

'Who invited him?', J snarled over the carols playing through the home system. The other guests curious to find out what the ruckus was about.

It was Christmas day at Dawon and Henry's house. A few of us were invited over for lunch, Dawon feeling the need to extravagantly cook for her close ones.
Jimin and I arrived together, a smitch of tension in the air since the time he politely refused to spend the night with me.

Am I sad?
No, he did it for a good reason.
But do I respect his decision?
Hell no. I want to see how long he can last.

'Relax, I invited him.', Dawon calmly said, wiping her hands on her apron. She collected Taehyung's coat after greeting him.

'You're okay with this?', J asked Henry who simply shrugged in response, not wanting to cause any drama on his favourite holiday.

'What's going on?', I whispered to Jimin.

He sighed, 'Well... Long story short, Taehyung and Dawon were in love a long time ago... They, uh, got engaged, but Taehyung broke it off last minute. Both the families were so upset and after what happened, J couldn't be Taehyung's friend anymore. That's why he wasn't invited to Dawon's wedding.'

The photos.
Taehyung's house.

'But what made them break it off?'

'YOU TREAT MY SISTER, PRIORITISE YOUR STUPID CAREER OVER HER AND THEN HAVE THE AUDACITY TO WALK INTO HER HOUSE?'

Jimin nods his head, her question answered for him. All the guests awkwardly pull themselves away from the sight. Henry runs to J's side, requesting him to calm down.

'Stop causing a scene.', Dawon scolds. Taehyung assures her not to worry, making his way to the toddler on the ground.

'Is that Jiwoo, I see?', Taehyung smiles playfully as Jiwoo drops her toy, crawling to Taehyung.

'Taehoo!', she screeches making grabby hands at him. He hoists her into his arms, resting her on his hip.

'I got you such a pretty gift, but 'shh',', he puts a finger on his lips, 'Don't tell anyone!'

It was adorable, seeing Jiwoo's big doe eyes glow like fairy lights at Taehyung.

J scoff, which makes Jimin let out a sound of annoyance.

'What?", J asks.

'You need to let it go, it's your niece's first Christmas. Don't ruin it.', Jimin answers.

I walk towards Taehyung and the baby, giving the boys their space.

'He's not a good person. I don't want him around us, especially Jiwoo... Look at him!'