acquaintance

acquaintance: noun
a person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend.

Jimin's Point of View

Of course Taehyung got all riled up and dragged Jada back home.

Of course he left me with Rose.

'Drop her home, buddy. I'll see you next week.', Taehyung gestures to Rose while Jada licks his ear.

Ugh.

I really want to ask her about why Jada kissed her in front of everyone, but I can't seem like I care.

I can't pry.

Jada must've just done that to screw around... But I can't help but wonder why.

Rose and I are currently sat on either sides of my car.

'Kang, we're going near Lilee Gallery to drop Ms. Hunnington off.', I said.

It was awkward referring to her by her last name.

'You live in the same place right?', I asked Rose, moving a little too close to her.

'Yeah.', she said, looking at me and then her shoes.

Her presence, weirdly enough, comforted me.

She cleared her throat before asking, 'How does your company in Korea work? I spoke to J but it was very brief...'

'When I moved back, I had my Allure certificate, so being accepted into a company wasn't hard. I worked for lots of people, performed at shows outside the company and made a lot of friends. I remember how every single person I met, complained about their salary constantly. So I saved up money, took some time off to make a plan and had my own start-up company. I hired dancers to perform with me, and since we had no management, higher authorities or teachers, we were able to receive all of the monetary benefits. I put most of my earnings into an account, saving up money for the company and now we have costume designers, makeup artists, choreographers, set designers and yeah...', I chuckled, 'Sorry, you're probably not interested...'

'No, no.', Rose's eyes went wide, 'It's amazing. Really. That's such a difficult task to accomplish I'm so proud- Uh, happy, for you.'

I smiled gratefully at her.

She's proud of me.

'So you're the boss?', she asked.

'CEO Park.', I joked.

Rose giggled.

A whole damn year, Rose. It's been a whole year since I've heard that sound.

'But we're still pretty small, we only had our first big production last month. I'm trying to look for donators.'

'I'm sure you'll get offers soon.', Rose smiled.

'Thank you... Rose.', I said.

I swear, that for a second, we longingly looked into each others' eyes. I saw my glossy reflection in hers, bringing me back to reality.

I no more looked at Rose.

I looked at the past. I looked at words exchanged, broken feelings and a torn bond between us that my heart cannot begin to relive.