kook

kook: noun
a mad person.

[play media]

Jimin's Point of View

Screams.

All I could hear were screams.

Her screams.

That was all it took for me to drop my meeting and go across the city without question.

'You're at the theatre?!', I impatiently asked as I signalled for Kang to move the car.

Kang quickly pulled the car out of park and stepped on the pedal.

'It's really bad, Jimin. I-I don't know what to do.'

I heard something crash in the background.

'Just try to calm her down.', I replied, agitated.

'I'll try.', J said before hanging up.

'Why aren't we moving?', I asked, leaning forward to get a better look of the outside.

The traffic was crazy. There were columns and rows of cars huddled on the same road, blaring their horns at nothing.

I screamed, slapping the leather seat in utmost frustration, causing a motorcyclist outside to stare at me.

Kang shook his head, 'There's no way we'll be able to get out of this anytime soon, Mr. Park.'

I blankly stared back at the helmeted biker, a lopsided smile forming upon my lips. The heavy biker jerked his head back, probably creeped out by me.

'I can.', I determinedly stated.

Making eye-contact with Kang in the rearview mirror, I instructed him to bring the car to the theatre as soon as possible.

I then opened my car door, standing by the biker's side.

'I'll pay you whatever amount if you just let me borrow your bike.'

Looking offended, the burly man, swiped me off with his hand.

'Listen, someone very dear to me isn't alright, I promise I will bring your bike home safely.'

Kang stuck his head out the driver's seat.

'Sir, do you even know how to ride a motorcycle?'

I clenched my fists.

'Are you going to give me the bike or not?', I stared at the biker through his helmet.

He crossed his arms, shaking his head no.

I turned to Kang, 'There's a lot you don't know, and you might not be proud either.'

I whipped my head back to the stubborn biker. Giving him my signature smile, I ripped the keys off his bike. Holding them up with my fingers, I tilted my head at the man, dangling them in the air as I slowly started walking behind my car.

'Come and get it, big guy.'

Kicking the bike's stand down, the biker took his helmet off, running towards me.

I ran around the back, doing a grande jeté over the hood of my car. The onlookers watching in shock, passerby's rooted to their spots, watching the chaos.

'Hey! Where the hell?!', the biker trudged around the car, trying to stop me.

I jammed the key into the ignition, turning the bike on. I squinted at the speedometer.