Bleed Me. Bite Me. Love Me. Damon Salvatore. 3.

Chapter 3:

It was already dark when Ava came out of the school. She had decided to stay and go over her work with Professor Peterson. He really enjoyed her photographs, then again he always loved her work. Ava clutched the camera tightly to her chest, walking towards the bus stop. She sat down on the seat waiting for the bus to appear. These were the times when Ava wished she had her own car to drive, but until then, she is stuck with the bus. Minutes passed and the bus finally arrived, throwing its glass doors wide open. Ava rushed inside only to be stopped by an old wrinkled hand. She looked up at the man driving the bus, a bit confused.

He banged his hand on an empty container. "Pay." he said roughly, spitting into something that didn't look like a coffee cup.

"Right.." she mumbled, digging into her bag for some loose change. She pulled out her wallet, "How much?" she asked.

The man stared at her stupidly. "2.50." he spat.

"Okay..." she whispered pulling out a five dollar bill. "Do you have change for a five?" she asked. The man leaned closer swiping the five right out of her hand.

"Nope." he said simply, tucking the five into his back pocket.

Ava sighed, hearing the doors shut behind her. No wonder the containers empty, she thought to herself as she walked to the back of the bus. Ava gazed out the window watching the lights flicker as they passed by, it was a beautiful sight. She grinned slightly, a strange urge to take pictures. It was funny how easily something could inspire her. Ava lifted her camera taking a picture of the night lights. She smiled, thats what i'll call it, she thought, Night Lights. Ava glanced around her eyes landing on a child sleeping on its mother's shoulder. The child yawned meeting her gaze, its eyes like sapphire. Ava smiled readjusting the zoom on the camera, the child blinked tiredly returning to its little snooze.

The bus screeched coming to an abrupt stop. Ava jumped bumping into the seat in front of her. "Out!" the driver yelled spitting into his cup. Ava knew he meant her-she didn't even think twice about it. Ava grabbed all of her belongings running towards the open doors.

"Jerk.."she muttered under her breath. The man glared at her like as if he had heard her. Ava looked away from his penetrating stare, listening as the vehicle drove away. She looked around her brow furrowing, where am i?, she thought searching for anything familiar. The air was cold and the night seemed darker. It was a bit frightening since hardly any people passed by. Ava searched for a sign or anything that could give her a clue to where she was. "Great.." she breathed, glancing across the street, a shadow passing through her vision.

Ava glanced back surprised by what she saw. A man draped in black clothing was walking down the street. Ava smiled, watching as he turned the corner.

She pulled her bag off dropping it on the floor, camera in hand.