Bleed Me. Bite Me. Love Me. Damon Salvatore. 7.

Chapter 7:

Ava had never been late for anything in her life, and she didn't want to start now. She skidded down the halls, clutching her camera tightly in her right hand. The floor screeching under her as she took an abrupt left turn. Almost there, she thoughta slight grin spreading on her face. The halls were deserted, except for thestudent helpers that passed by once in a while.

Ava swiftly ran dodging any obstacles that came her way. Her heartbeat mirroring the jump in her step. Despite the circumstances-at this exact moment-Ava was proud of herself.

She imagened what she must of looked like; a whitetailed deer dashing into the great beyond. Ava smiled, how she would give anything to be a deer. To prance around in the sunlit glow of a mornings day would be complete bliss. A dream come true. Perhaps that is why she envy's the creature; for its freedom and grace.

Ava sighed, continuing to push forward. Her feet grazing the white tile floor. Everything around her began to blur as with the increasing of her speed. From a distance, Ava noticed a faint Mr. Buxley. He waved his arms in the air side to side. Ava cocked her head, is he waving at me?, she thought. As Ava grew closer she noticed Mr. Buxley was yelling something, but she couldn't quite figure out what.

His mouth moved but the words were just above a whisper. Ava still did not understand. What was he trying to tell her? Ava didn't bother to slow down instead speed up a little.

As she continued forward she noticed something was off. Her feet began to slide and the floor seemed glassier than usual. Ava met Mr. Buxley's eyes, finally understanding his warning. She slowly began to lose balance, shutting her eyes preparing for the fall. Their was nothing for her to do to stop it, it was too late.

As she tumbled down, she took in a deep breath. Their was a slight stinging in her forehead but the pain quickly eased. When Ava opened her eyes, she noticed she wasn't the only one that fell down.

Ava found herself staring into beautiful hazel puppy-like eyes. When i fell i must've taken him down with me, she realized. He blinked a couple of times as if in shock, holding his head where she must have hit him. Ava blushed, embarassed by the way she landed on top of him.

His eyes searched hers feverishly, the corners of his mouth curving into a small smile. "Hi." he breathed, his eyes reflecting hers.

Ava sighed in contentment. "Hi." she grinned, happy to see that he was alright. Their was something about the way he looked at her that sent chills down Ava's spine. Their was too much something, Ava just couldn't remember what. Then it hit her. "Professor Peterson!" she exclaimed. He looked at her, confusion in his hazel eyes. "Im sorry. I must get to class." she explained rushing off. He watched as she slid open the wooden door and disappeared.