Bleed Me. Bite Me. Love Me. Damon Salvatore. 8.

If you haven't noticed this is based on more of the book than the series;] 

--------------

Chapter 8:

Ava entered the classroom, pressing her back against the cool steel that was the door. She shut her eyes for the briefest of moments.

"Ava," Professor Peterson cleared his throat, sending her eyelids flying open. She turned her head slightly feeling her classmates eyes bore into her as she exchanged glances with each one of them. Her palms grew damp and her cheeks flushed. "glad to see you decided to join us." he finished. Ava glanced at Professor Peterson as he gave her a genuine smile. "Please, take your seat." he pleaded, motioning towards the desk two feet across from him. Ava smiled sweetly proceeding downward ignoring the many stares. Her feet lightly grazing the marbled steps.

Ava must've stepped wrong because she seemed to have lost her balance. Quickly she reached for the rail on the wall, sustaining herself. Professor Peterson noticed this and promptly rushed to her aid. "Are you alright?" he asked. Ava looked into his eyes, listening to the few snickers heard from the audience.

"Im fine." she whispered, regaining her balance. Prof. Peterson nodded extending his hand towards her. Ava smiled at his generous gesture and took it gladly, her shoulder lightly brushing against his as she walked past him. "Im fine.." she breathed to herself as she carefully slid into her seat.

 Ava is different, she isn't strange, its just that others thought she was. They didn't understand her and most of the time they didn't want to. By the time Ava was 5 years-old she was practically a genius. She knew everything about anything, and for some people that wasn't normal. Ava grew up not knowing what friendship was like, basically because it was easier for her. 

She views the world much differently than others do. Ava is gifted- she just doesn't know it yet.

"Ava," her head snapped up at the voice of Prof. Peterson " you don't happen to be carrying those pictures you showed me the other day, do you?" he asked, his hands clasped together running his thumb over his index finger. Ava smiled, nodding slightly. "Brilliant! May i borrow them?"

Ava's smile grew wider, her heart beginning to jump. "Sure."

"Great!" he said slightly anxious. Ava giggled, turning around to reach into her bag. But as she reached for her black shoulder bag, she realized it wasn't there. Ava blinked a couple of times in astonishment. "Is their a problem?" he asked. Ava met his gaze with sad childlike eyes.

"I-i seemed to have misplaced them." she answered. Prof. Peterson's brow furrowed in discontentment.

"Hmm. What a shame." he mumbled scratching the back of his head. "Perhaps next time?" he asked with a slight grin. Ava nodded vigorously. "Good." he said tapping her desk lightly and walking away. Ava sighed, slouching on her chair, preparing for her Professor's lecture.

---

Damon propped his boots on the wooden desk, folding his arms behind his head in relaxation. The sun burst through the window, he had just flown in a couple of seconds ago. Stefan was gone, Elena as well-as for Mrs. Flowers, she was outside planting her Tulips and Roses. Thus giving Damon enough time to browse around. He glanced around the room studying the silence, when across from him laid a black shoulder bag. It belonged to her, the girl- Ava. He had stumbled across it late at night, when on the verge of feeding. Damon sat there eyeing the pouch intently, debating with himself on wether or not he should rummage through it and risk violating the girls privacy. Damon usually didn't take these things into consideration. Most of the time he would just dump everything out and examine every trinket it held without even bothering to think twice, but then again that would be a 'normal' Damon. And since when was Damon classified as just 'normal'? Everyday there was a new Damon, a new hunt, a new game. Each one as twisted as the other, but all that is slowly crumbling down- all doings by the lovely Miss Elena.