Chapter 10

"Uugghhh!" I say frustratingly before I collapse to the ground yet again from exhaustion.
I stand up and wipe the blood from my nose.

"again! Hold out your hands" I say to Sebastian

" This will be the 37th time today you have attempted this trance on me. Your condition is getting worse each time. I worry your body will not be able to handle much more." Says Sebastian
As he pulls out a handkerchief and wipes my face. He genuinely looks worrisome

"I do not know what to do. The sun is almost about to set. And my hands... I can barely feel them anymore. But you have not even entered a past trance yet. We will have to try again. We haven't much time before Ciel is ready."

Sebastian's POV
"That is enough for now, take a small break."

"No"

Sigh

she is as stubborn as ever. Her determination is unwavering. Even though she can barely stand, she is still willing to continue trying. She never ceases to amaze me. Although, it pains me seeing her in this state. I cannot let her continue or her body will most definitely perish. What can I do to encourage her to conclude this training session?

I suddenly have an idea.

I fall to the floor, my body prostrate. I close my eyes faking unconsciousness.

"Sebastian. What is wrong?"

She begins shaking my body vigorously.

"Sebastian wake up! Oh no. Did I take this too far?You were fine a minute ago. Get up please. You said you were one hell of a demon right? I promise I will never put another trance on you again please wake up."

Playing unconcious seemed to be very efffective. Perhaps I took this a tad too far. I suppose this is quite enough.
I slowly open my eyes and look at her.

Is she crying?

Chloe's pov
"You are awake! Thank goodness you are alright." I pull him close and embrace him.
"I should have rested before and not over worked us like this. Also, if you died Ciel would most definitely kill me... I am sorry"

"Pardon? I was not quite able to hear that last statement. He says with his hand behind his ear

"You heard me. I will not say it again." I say smiling, playfully hitting his arm.
Sebastian stands up. Thankfully he seems to be alright

"Are we ready to leave?" I look over to my right and and see Ciel standing on the stair case.

Oh yes. It must be the end of the day.
I did not succeed. How can I tell him? How will he react? What if he sees no need for me and thinks I am a bad gypsy. Will he make me to leave the manor? What am I saying, all I have wanted to do from the beginning is leave this estate. I should be happy... right?

"Ciel I-"

"You could not complete the trance. I am aware. Although, you will still be accompanying us tonight to Lau's estate. I am utterly disappointed."

"Ciel!-"
He cuts me off again

"I am utterly disappointed you over worked yourself! Look at you, you can barely even stand. you are no asset to this estate when you are dead. You should have concluded the training earlier. Now get dressed we are leaving."

His words were harsh but I cannot help but smile.