AS

Don't let go

Don't let go

●●●

With time your love and adoration for me only bloomed paralleling the length of my questions for you.

It was a week before my birthday. When I couldn't take it anymore.

When I knocked at your window at an ungodly hour, not waiting for the sun to rise and shine the earth.

You were surprised, more angry and tensed at my carelessness.

But I didn't care. How could I care for my safety when my heart was feeling unsafe?

You dragged me inside of your room, wrapped me with your blanket and made me a cup of coffee.

And my heart wavered as my eyes blurred. I couldn't open my mouth to bold out my questions.

Selfish, I felt.

Selfish to satisfy my curiosity, to secure my position in your heart.

You were so caring, so warm to me. What if a simple yet complicated question of mine hurt you?

Could I afford that? Hurting the man I love in exchange of my questions?

Never. Not in this lifetime.

So I decided to escape from your burning eyes that were searching answers within me, with some pathetic excuse of mine.

But you caught me, secured me in your arms, burying your face in the crook of my neck.

"Let me go," I asked you through broken voice.

I could feel your smile as you kissed my neck ever so softly, providing me your warmth, your affection.

"I wish I could. But I'm so selfish that I can't even let you go."

You whispered, holding onto me tight, not letting me escape.

That was the first time I slept in your room, in the warmth of your arms, without the chase of my nightmares.

You said you were selfish, Taehyung. But I'm the real selfish here.

I'm never letting you go. Not without me.