EVERLASTING

• Epilogue •

• Epilogue •

"Noeul!"

Noeul looks back to find the screamer already running towards her, dodging a few pedestrians on the way. She quickly covers her mouth to stiffle her laugh.

"You forgot this," says the person, stretching his fisted hand towards her, still huffing from all his running.

Tilting her head at one side, Noeul ponders with a small pout on her lips.

"What is it in your hand?"

The person grins. He slowly opens his fist and lets the chain dangle down.

"You forgot your most precious thing. Your lucky charm."

Initially Noeul lets out a gasp, then gets quiet as if looking at the dangling pendant triggered a memory within her mind. He notices her saddened eyes but he will not let her get sad on such an important day.

"Now now don't give me those sad puppy eyes and here take it and wear it."

Noeul chuckles and takes the pendant from his hand. She puts it around her neck, the heart shaped pendant remains at its right place, closer to her heart.

The person suddenly shrieks, startling Noeul. And then starts to push her.

"You shouldn't be late on your first day at work! Now run!"

"Okay! I'm going," Noeul hurriedly takes long big steps towards the school but suddenly halts.

The person left behind gets puzzled when Noeul takes a sudden U turn and starts to run at his direction, opposite of school. She runs at full speed and only stops when she collides with him, scooping him into a hug in the process. The person, getting over his initial shock, hugs her back.