Chapter 28: Closer Than Ever

You get back on your feet and look at your feet knowing that you where not able to look into his eyes with out blushing deep red. Something about him, he seemed odd. "T-thank you Zane f-for catching me." You say quietly. "No, problem Andra, hey where did you learn to dissaper from?" "A book." "You learned fast." "Yeah..." You both stood there in silence looking at the floor. You finally break the silence "we better head back now..." you walk past Zane looking for the hall then, Zane grabs your wrist. "Andra wait...I...I...don't want you to leave." You turn to him puzzled, "what do you mean?" "I...I want you to stay here...with....me...." "We can't stay here we have to go back to the hall." "No I mean...nevermind." "Oh ok well we'll talk later ok Zane." "Ya ok." You head back to the hall just intime for the end. Zane walks around, talking to people while you stay to the side away from everyone. Once everyone started to leave you find KawaiiChan and Zane. You pack up without saying goodbye to your dad and leave. While you were talking to KawaiiChan, Zane stood behind you. "Andra, can we talk, alone." You look at KawaiiChan and she nooks and says "KawaiiChan will meet you guys at home then." "Bye KawaiiChan." You wave as she leaves then Zane grabs your hand, "close your eye's." You obey and close them, "Ok open them." You didn't move yet you were somewhere else. Zane, still holding your hand, leading you to a small river. He looked at you still holding your hand and spoke as you looked up at him, "Andra, we've known each other for a long time. . . .I just think that. . . .well I know that. . ." "What is it Zane?" He looks at you, "I-i. . ." He wispers so softly that you couldn't hear him over the roar of the river. "Sorry can't hear you, what was that?" "I LIKE YOU OK!" You look at him stunned and blushing, knowing you like him just the same. "I like you Andra. Your smart, talented, and beautiful. I like you, alot." He turns around and looks at the ground, "I know you might hate me and probably don't feel the same but I just wanted you to know. I-ill meet you at the car." You watch him walk slowly away and teleport to appear in front of him, you put you hands on his chest to stop him, "I like you to Zane, alot." He looks at you happly, and picks you up hugging you tightly. You hug him back and stay there in his arms for a while listening to the river and feeling a gentle breeze as you hug him. He puts you down and rubs your head like a master would do to its dog, "hey!" You look up at him with a mad expression but stop and blush as he looks back down on you. "Let's go home, Andra." He says and holds your hand as you walk back through the woods twords the hall and Zane's car. People where still making there way out of the hall and to their cars. Still holding Zane's hand you make your way to the car, suddenly you see your father and let go of Zane's hand to hide behind him. "Andra are you ok?" Zane asked while looking over his shoulder at you hiding behind him. You look up and point around him to your father who is in front of the hall close to Zane's car. Zane nods, "Andra here," he hands you the keys to his car, "go get in the car I'll stall him for the time being and then go to the car to take you home." "Zane you would really do that?" "Of course what kind of fake boyfriend would I be letting you face your father whom you despise," Zane said in a sarcastic tone then looked at you seriously, "Just go I've got this taken care of."