Chapter 29: A Nice Night

Zane walks up to your dad while you make your way to his car sneaking behind other cars. You see Zane and your dad talking but couldn't hear what they where talking about until you got closer, "I'm sorry to bother you sir but I never did catch your name," Zane said as he was distracting your dad. Your dad looked puzzled, "hasn't my daughter ever mentioned my name before? You are her boyfriend after all." "No sir she never brought your name up, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." "No need to be sorry son. My name is Damien, Damien Jordan. What's your name son?" "I'm Zane, Zane Ro'mave." You made your way to Zane's car but paused to make sure your dad didn't see you. Your dad was looking around, "Where is my daughter? I was hoping to say goodbye to her." "Sir if I may ask why did you leave your former wife and only take Andra." He looked at Zane caught off guard from the sudden question, "Well. . .Andra's mother was my first love. . .Andra is just like her mother in every way, she's strong, brave, intelligent, courageous, kind, but stubborn. Andra reminded me of her and so I took her with me as I left her sister Nana was in the care of my wife until she died then Sylvana took care of her because she didn't trust me to take her. I had Andra and took care of her. . .she's curious too curious for my liking so I had to put boundarys where she could and couldn't go. My wife and I always fought, then after Nana and Andra where born we decided we should stay together and raise them. We still fought and it grew to a point where I couldn't stay in the house for very long so I went to the bar to blow some steam. Sylvana and Ziana just happened to be there to catch me with another woman and tell Andra's mom what they saw. Me and her fought and decided to divorce for the good of the children. She wanted to keep both Nana and Andra with her but only got custody of Nana. . .Andra is very important to me in more ways than one." You made it to the car and got in while they kept talking Zane shook Damien's hand and left twords the car. Once he got in I looked at him my eyes gleaming, "thank you so much Zane I'll do something special for you once we get back ok!" He patted my head, "no problem." I handed him the keys and he started the car. It was getting dark and it was pitch black by the time we got halfway home. I fell asleep on the drive and woke up to Zane shaking me, "Andra, wake up. Let's go." I rubbed my eyes, "were are we. . ." "You didn't eat at all for the whole wedding so I stopped here. Let's go in and get something." "Ok," I said with a yawn. We walked into a small restaurant and they seated us at a empty, two seated table. We ate and waited for the bill. Once it came I grabbed it to pay, "give it here Andra I'll pay." I shook my head, "no I'll pay for dinner." "It my treat," I shook my head again and got my wallet out. While I was distracted Zane snatched the bill away and payed. "Hey give it back. You don't need to pay I'll get it." He held it out of my reach as the waiter came back and walked away with it. "I told you that I would pay."