Chapter 30: Closer Then Ever Before

You and Zane head back to his car and get in. "It's almost 11:00 and it's so dark." You say as you look out the window at the stars as Zane drives. "It says it's going to pour later." Zane adds. "P-pour is there going to b-be a l-lightning and t-thunder storm. . ." You say hesitantly. "It think so, why?" He looks over to you as you look out the window, "Andra. . .are you ok? What's wrong?" He reaches one hand out and touches your shoulder making you jump, "W-what!?" "Calm down Andra. What's wrong." "Nothing! . . . I mean I'm fine." You go back to staring out the window as it starts to rain, "A-Are we almost h-home. . ." "Ya just a few more minutes." It rains harder and harder as you keep driving. Zane stops the car as you stare anxiously at the sky, eyes darting from one side to the other. "Andra. . . Andra. . . Andra!" You let out a small scream and tense up, "ahhhh, what!" "We're here come on I've got an umbrella we can use. . ." Thunder can be heard and Lighting flashes across the sky, you jump and the fur on you tail puffs as you tense and let out a frightened noise. "Andra what's wrong?" "Zane I-i. . ." The thunder sounds again followed by a flash of lightning, "Zane!" You yell as your reflexes takeover and send you flying onto Zane's lap. "Andra!" He catches you and looks you in the eye as you shudder at the sound of the thunder. "Andra are you afraid of thunder?" He looks at you sympathetically as you answer, "y-y," suddenly more thunder roars and you grab onto his shirt, "yes!" He rubs your head, "Andra it's alright. I'm here." You look up at him tears filling your eyes, "y-you promise. . ." He looks puzzled and more thunder sounds and you shudder, "promise what?" "Promise me. . .promise me. . ." The thunder roared louder and you bury your head into his shirt sobbing, "promise you won't leave me here by myself! Promise me you'll stay! Promise me you'll help me! Please Zane!" He pets your head once more, "I promise you Andra. . .I'll always be here by your side whenever you need me."