Chapter Five

It's been a month since I first came here and so much had happened. After getting back from the capital and creating our guild, everything became kinda mellow. I learned the [SmokeBomb] spell for stealth. Aydria had learned how to summon a Sprite that could repel weaker demons. Oria and Lizbeth had researched as many things on Phylects as they could but didn't get much that everyone didn't know.

They did find that the Phylects come from another world that's connected through rips in reality. There used to be higher constructs that would reach the clouds and could walk over mountains in one step. They don't appear at all anymore because all of the larger rips are located under the cities and sealed with both physical and magical barriers. They don't feel pain but stop functioning after enough damage was done. Phylects have been spotted going around the country, most were dealt with by larger guilds since they could gang up on them.

We haven't had any Phylects in our area though so we haven't needed to fight any of them. For no we have just been collecting money while working on jobs, Oria was able to rank up to silver and Aydria is just about to gold.

"Hey Silver, what are you thinking about."

"Oh, sorry Baul, I'm just monologuing in my head."

"What?"

"Never mind, let's just move on."

Baul had been taking me around Riftale to get to know people. The guild master had heard of me from the elf and had sent Baul o show me around places most wouldn't be able to.

"How often does this happen."

"There has been a few instances when the guild master has adventurers to go and meet important people, he doesn't really explain anything about it so I don't know what his intentions are."

"That so, that must be why he only wanted me to come along, well Kurenai was allowed too."

"I'd break down the walls if they tried anything funny."

"Call down, we don't need you to get banned from entering the town. But it is strange, why didn't the guild master just ask me personally?"

"Not sure, but we are coming up into the mayor's study."

We entered an old building that had the smell of dust and old books and looks like an old library. The inside had shelves of books and scrolls of all shapes and sizes and tendons going through the books and rearranging them.

"I see your looking at the books, the mayor has his study upstairs of this old library, these books are only for people the mayor entrusted them with."

"Neat."

So is that what's happening, the only thing that could be told about me is that I made a pact with Kurenai and I went through a dungeon with Lizbeth and Aydria but that's really it. We made our way up a flight of stairs that lead to a single door with the word 'Mayor' on it. Baul opened the door and we both walked in. In the room was a large desk stacked with papers and multiple ink pens. The walls had even more books and the middle of the room had a circular table and two couches, on either side.

Sitting on one of the couches was a knight that had the same type of armor that the knights at the capital had. I never talked to the knights but I did get a glance, thick metal armor, decorated with gold and purple and an insignia that depicted the gems of the royal families crowns. On the other couch as an elf and an older man. The old man was dressed in brown garbs and had a wrinkly, bearded face. The elf sitting next to him was a tall and slender woman, but she had dark tanned skin and dark red hair, not an elf but a dark elf. When the knight saw me he sat up and kneeled down on one knee.