live from new york - josh dun x reader

y/n read over her script multiple times, the show had barely started. she was one of the comedians that worked on saturday night live. she was a very funny person who wrote most of her own sketches with the rest of the cast. she was considered hilarious and was featured in almost every sketch. when one of the upcoming hosts, lin manuel miranda approached her to talk about his sketch ideas and the musical guest, y/n was estatic.

"twenty one pilots. it's a great band and you'd love them, y/n-" lin was cut off by an excited y/n. "yes! i agree!" and since then, she had three weeks to come up with her funniest jokes to impress her favourite band. and that she did.

the three weeks came fast, and she was sitting backstage with fellow castmembers kate mckinnon and leslie jones, talking about the musical guest. the three of them stopped talking the second tyler and josh bursted through the door.

"ah, two of the twenty one pilots decided to show up. where are the other 19?" kate joked, waving at the boys. y/n gently hit her shoulder upon hearing the over-used joke and seeing the slightly annoyed look on tyler's face. "a pleasure to meet the both of you, tyler and josh. i'm y/n, that's kate and that's leslie." y/n stated sweetly to the boys, making a smile appear on their faces amlost instantly while she gestured to the ladies behind her.

"it's nice to meet you as well. and, don't get me wriong, you guys seem great, and i apologize for cutting this short but josh and i have to practice" tyler said politely. the two of them left for rehersal and y/n's attention was returned to her best friends. on his way out he whispered a soft. "they're flying the plane-"

"the drummer boy thinks you're super hot, y'know." kate said, winking at y/n. she shook her head, disagreeing. "first of all, you're a lesbian, what do you know about guys?" leslie laughed at y/n's remarmk. "second of all, what makes you say that?"

"he focused on you, and he glanced at your boobs. the singer guy was looking all over the place, drummer boy gave you his full, undivided attention."

y/n rolled her eyes and nudged kate's shoulder. she then headed towards the stage, leslie and kate whispering something while travelling not too far behind her.

after a half hour of acting, y/n got the privelage of watching the band perform. it was so beautiful she thought she would burst into tears. kate slid next to her, wiggling her eyebrows. "you're staring at drummer boy." she mumbled, earning an elbow to her stomach. "his name is josh, and i am doing no such thing." kate shrugged. "whatever you say, y/n-"

she stood up and walked off. she was going to do everything in her power to get those two together before the night was over.

--

"goodnight everyone!" lin annoumced to the live studio audience and camera, tyler, josh, and the entire cast standing behind him. it was at this time where the cast, host and musical guest would chat while the camera was on so they had time to roll the credits.

kate hid in the large group of people she worked with weekly and sneakily pushed y/n towards josh. she noticed and tried to protest, but by the time she opened her mouth, she was standing infront of the two-man band and kate was gone.

"amazing performance today, you guys. it was amazing." y/n said, looking between tyler and josh so she wasn't just focusing on one of them. "us? dude, your acting skills, your comedy skills and your improv skills were amazing!" josh annoumced. tyler was smiling and nodding, but silent.

needless to say, y/n was honored to be complimented by none other than joshua dun. josh looked at tyler and they communicated with just their eyes for a solid ten seconds. tyler then nodded approvingly and the two of them looked back at y/n, who looked confused, but merely smiled at them.

"the two of us were gonna go out for taco bell after the show, but we wanna know if you'd like to tag along?" josh asked, rubbing the back of his neck. tyler smiled, he was definitely the mastermind here, setting the oblivious celebrities up.

y/n texted her friends, saying she wouldn't need a ride home with them and agreed, heading out with them.

--

"i'll be right back, i left my wallet in the car." tyler said, leaving josh and y/n at the table, eating tacos. "sooooo,," josh started, y/n looking up from her food to look at him. "do you think we could do this again sometime? but maybe just the two of us?" he asked, avoiding awkwardness as best as he could. y/n nodded happily. "like a date?"

"no- yes- er, i mean, if you want it to be?" there was the awkardness he was holding in. josh earned a slight giggle from the beautiful comedian. "alright, it's a date, i'll see you then."