Intro

My name is Heo Hyunjoon. I'm currently a student at Seoul High and was living my best life. Great friends, amazing grades, a loving family. One would think my life was perfect. It wasn't. My life was like everyone else. People just envy what you have because they don't have it. I also have a crush. I couldn't exactly pinpoint when it started, but I started noticing them more and more and wanted to be near them. Having this crush changed everything.

I started having an identity crisis. I had always believed I'd never fall for someone of the same gender, but there I was, hoping he would notice me and talk to me. I wanted to protect him and give him the love I felt he deserved. His name is Ju Haknyeon. As I started to like him more, I found out that he was blind. I suspected something like that as he did things differently. I felt a bit sad as he probably has never seen the colors the world had to offer nor be able to see how he makes people around him feel. At least, that was my take on it.

We talked often and I could feel my feelings for him growing at a steady pace. I wanted to know how he felt. It's too bad I no longer have the ability to ask him. I was involved in an elevator accident and I was the only one to survive. My cousin didn't. I couldn't even attend her funeral as I was in bad shape. Everything had eventually fallen back into place, but my world was different. I had to learn a whole new language in case I needed to communicate and there was nothing to write on. And the image of my cousin's bloody and lifeless body would never leave my mind.