Inhale

I was thankful for the weekend and found myself clinging to my mother like a baby. "Hyunjoon, I can't help if you don't tell me." That was the thing. I didn't want any help. I just wanted my mom. "Okay, fine, but I can't cook like this." I let go then lied down on the couch. I didn't feel like going out again this weekend, but for a different reason. I didn't want to hang out with them, which gave me a good reason to go out and treat myself. "Joon, your dad is coming home tonight, so you better be here before 6, got it?" "Yes."

I stopped by the nearby park and watched as children played and parents conversed. They looked so carefree and happy compared to me. I felt restricted and suffocated. I felt slightly depressed. If only someone would tell them that the friends they have now won't be your forever friends. I kept walking as their laughter had soured my mood. I remembered that Haknyeon and I's birthday was coming up and that I still hadn't decided on what to get him. I had an idea of what he liked and hoped it would please him.

I quietly hoped to run into him as I wanted company. I could just call him, but I wanted to believe that some supernatural force would have us meet like they do in dramas. I sighed then decided to call him instead of buying into that drama nonsense. "Hey, Joon. Is it okay if I call you that?" "Yeah. Where are you?" "Home. Did you need something?" "Not particularly..." I wanted to see him. It felt as if he read my thoughts as told me his address. He hung up and I wasted no time in heading over.

I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. "Oh, I've never met you before." "Are you Mrs. Ju?" "Why yes. Are you mute...?" I nodded then saw someone appear by her side. "Hyunjoon." He briefly hugged me then received a look from his mom. "He's a friend from school. I told you he was coming over." "Alright. Don't get too rowdy, you hear?" She turned on her heel and disappeared. "Come in. Are you hungry? Thirsty?" I walked in and was intrigued at how his home looked. It didn't look any different than anyone else's.

"So, what was with the sudden call...?" "I was feeling lonely and I didn't feel like interacting with Jacob nor Sunwoo." He took a sip of his juice then offered me a cracker. "I'd feel bad if you didn't eat anything..." I took the cracker then ate it. I picked up a few more as I really liked the taste of it. "I know this isn't what you came here for...but..." I looked at him and saw he was looking down again. "What is the person you like like? Is she pretty...?" "They're pretty. It amazes me how no one has claimed them as theirs already. They're also very kindhearted and sweet. They're really independent and don't seem to know the word 'limited'." I had just described him to himself.

"Wow...she sounds astounding. What a great find." "I guess...I wish they could understand my feelings through my actions." He patted my shoulder then took another sip of his drink. "Do you like someone, Haknyeon?" I was soon sprayed with juice then heard him gasp loudly. "I-I-" I shook my head then looked down at my clothes. He had come back with a towel and started drying me off. "I didn't mean it..." "It's fine. You don't have to answer, I was being too nosy." He shook his head then looked up at me. "I do like someone..." I had mixed feelings, but they mostly consisted of the negative ones.