October 1: Pumkin Carving

Jack stared down at the pumpkin in front of him with unease. After what had happened last year, he wasn’t quite sure he wanted to do this again. But there was something in the back of his mind, urging him to do this again. It promised that the same thing would not happen again this year. And he trusted it. He took a deep breath and reached over his table to turn on his camera.

“Top of the mornin’ to you laddies my name is Ja-” He paused and ran a hand through his hair. “Oh god, it’s really loud in here, sorry. I didn’t expect well… I was expecting it to be loud but not this loud. I’ll just quiet down a bit.”

He silently giggled before ignoring his previous statement and continued to shout. “MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN!” He wiggled his fingers at the camera and grinned. “It’s spooky scary time! Which means that a lot of good- Oh, god.”

A wave of nausea hit him and he stopped mid sentence. Jack held his head in his hands and groaned. What was happening?

Everything is alright lad! Just close your eyes and let me do the talking.

Before he could question the voice, Jack felt himself slip deep into his self consciousness.

Yes that’s it. Just sit back and relax, he won’t hurt you again this year. I promise.

And with that, Jack fell into a deep sleep.

*******

“How fascinating.” Dapper stared at the camera in front of the table. He had never seen a thing like it. He noticed it was on and shoved his fascination to the side. He had a pumpkin to carve.

Dapper waved to the camera and proceed to explain what he was going to do.. All went well for the next few few minutes, well it was going well until Dapper sliced his finger open on the carving knife.

“Yowzah! That did more than tickle, doc!” Jameson shook his hand and gripped it. As he was cleaning his cut with a towel, a strong wave of nausea hit him.

“Ÿ̛́ͅo͔͎̠̟̻̾̉̐͐̾u'̢͚͓͕̌ͥ̾́̎ͨͥr̯̟̯̰ͪ͟ë̬͍͓ ̓̃͊ͦ͟n̖̹̓ͅo̻͚̪͇̱̅̈́̂ͯ͗ͮt̃̄҉̗ ̵J̯̉͊̾ͣͣͯ͑a̷̫ͦ̀ͥ̃̌c̑̆͊̌̆̔̽҉̰̤̯̰ͅk̨̻̲̋ͨ̐.̹̦̬̖̰̝͓̍̉́̄͗͜ ̷̯̻̜̼̻͓Dapper felt his blood run cold.

“Leave him alone,” He snarled.

“I̞̺̯̠͖'̖̞̦ͅm͉̳͔͙̗̟̘͜ ͟o̲̮̟̳n̳̦̬̦͠l͔̝y͚̙ ̰̘g̵oi͜n̪͇̯̹̹̖͙g̡̞̠̠̱ ̖͇̣ͅt̗͙̜o͖̭̜̯̗͍̻͜ ̷̳͇̥a͉s̱k͚̩̹̮̠̮͕ ̞̘̪̲͓̩̟y͍͖̯̯͔o̶̼̺͔̤̪u ̮̥͕̘ò̼̠̺̣͔͓nce͙̟̤.̡̩ ̲̯͓͖̟W̭̗͍̥̖̙͓h̨̫͚̜̲̲̘e̡̞̘̼̻̳r̭̲̯͔ḛ̢̠͚̭̝ ̰í͔ͅs̞̳̱̻̕ ̸̳h̰̮e̘̩̰̪?” The nausea grew stronger, and Dapper felt like throwing up. Anti was possessing him.

Dapper clenched his teeth and tried with all his might to shove Anti out of his body, “He’s not here, and you’re not going to find him.”

“W҉̭h͉̝̤̠́ͅe͏͚͖re̡̜̺͍͓.̦̞̲̥͎ ̯̥̼̫͡i͔̼s̛̫͍̜.̠͓̼͕ ̗̝͖͓͉̱ͅh̡̳̮͖ͅe͈͔̻͎ͅͅ?̤̯͈̘” Anti growled. He didn’t have the patience for this.

“I thought you were only going to ask me once?” Anti hated how smug the gentleman sounded.

“E̙̰̠̤̹̝͔N̡̼̯͙̪͎̻͟ͅͅO̖̺̺͚͍̗U҉̮̙͔͚̹͔͍͓G̼͔̤̘͙̣H̢̯̹ ͕͖̺̟̳͟ͅͅO҉̛͇̮̗͠F̬̙̲̝̮̻̖̻̪͜ ̪̦̟̩̻͎̤͓͝ͅY̨̱͚͕͡O̧͔̣̥̠Ú̬͇̬̞͍̝̞̤R̫͎͍̬̙̤͜ ̯̣̱͔̺̮G̡̗̼̟̺̟̯ͅA̳̩̟̩̹M̀҉̖̫̟̟Ę̲̗͙̕͡S̷̡̫̞̲͉̖͔͎,̡͔̱̻̦̟ ̴͉̠̙̪̫T̯̦̞͎̖̣ͅͅE̡̮͜Ḻ̭L̷̨̰̙̟͙̺͢ ̶̛̭̘̝͚̬̲M͈̗͢ͅE̺̼̼̥̬̜̲͓ ̝͓̳͚̳̳͉͞W̨̬͚͚̖͘͟H̭̭̯͈̣͝E̯͕̯̖ͅR͎̯̗͝Ẹ̢̛̤ ̫̳̪̜̬̕͢H̨͔̜͙̹̦̤͜E̸͍̭̹̹̰ͅ ̘̲́̕I̵̭͉̫̳̠ͅS͇̰̞̹̫̖͖̀!̨̹̙̲̻̼̮̘͢͞” Anti roared.

“I am not going to tell you. anything, I’m done talking with you.”

Anti made a frustrated noise, and an idea came to his head. “Fi̻̬̯̼̩̻͓n͙͡e͚̦̫̯̪̱̱,̢̺͉ ̰̯͍̳̺͍̀i͓̟͓͚͕ͅf̼͞ ͍̤͓̦̝̙͜t͉̟͖h̀a̳͈͔̱͚̗̝t̼̖̣͙͓̖ͅ'̸͔̤͉s̵͚̱͎͎̩̫̮ ̡̖̟̦͎͕͈ḩo̲̼͖̰̦̘͔w ̯̣͜y̶̯̝̞̲̜̪͉o̟u̝̭̱͈̖̮̱'̻̳̭̦̻̕r͇͓̖̯̪e ̖g̥̥̼͈͉̪̀o̗̬i̫̜n͍̮͍͓̙̥͠g̷̞̲̮ ͚̞̰͍̀ț̻͜ͅo̴̺̺̬ ̹̣͈a͔̯̞̳͟c̻t̷̯̬͖͕,̺̹̘” Dapper felt a searing pain his throat. “y̙͎͈͚̲͈͓o͟ṷ͔̼ ͟c̠̟͇̳a͕͔̙n̮̦ ͢s̯̮̝͖̗̲͔ṭ̷͚͇̝̗̥ͅa̪͞y̞̫͓̟̪ ͖̱͕̞̰̗͟l̝̯i̶̘̰̠̣̱͖k̬͓e͖̦̺ ̴͓͍̺̞̦t̳̱̱̖͔h̸̹ą̖͉̞̳͙̼̺t͓̰̹͘.̧͖̥̜̟̩̰̗” Pain exploded in his throat and as Anti took over, Dapper passed out.

****

When Jack woke up, he was confused. What had happened? He glanced down in front of him and was shocked to see his pumpkin already carved. A red light caught his eye.

“My camera’s still on,” He muttered. “That’ll have my answers for sure.”

Jack stands up to grab his camera and takes it to his recording room to connect it to his computer. He skimmed through until he got to where he needed to be. After he passed out, the video glitched and he was… standing there in a new outfit?

“What the fuck?” He felt sick to his stomach. Who was that? The man looked like him, except for a few details. His hair looked to be a darker blue than his own, and he had black mustache. His outfit was kinda fancy looking too, it was like a dapper style straight out of the 1950s. Jack was hit with a wave of fondness at that word. Dapper…. He guessed that’s what he’d call the man. For now.

He paused the video and ran a hand through his hair. By this point, he had assumed he was like the others, an “Alter Ego”. He was gonna have to come up with an actual name for him since he couldn’t call him “Dapper” forever. Jack shook his head. He could think of a name for him later, for now though, he had to edit a bit of this video and send it to Robin.

But one thought kept drifting through his mind. All Jack’s alter egos had a purpose, so what was Dapper’s purpose? Maybe when Jack met him, he could ask him.

________________________________________

1. "You're not Jack."

2. "I'm only going to ask you once. Where is he?"

3. "Where is he?"

4. "ENOUGH OF YOUR GAMES, TELL ME WHERE HE IS!"

5. "Fine if that's how you're going to act,"

6. "you can stay like that."