Chapter 9: Preparing for New York City

After warming up, the girls were rehearsing their group dance. It was called We're Unstoppable and it was about being on top of the world and nobody can stop you. And after the music began, the girls all began to dance under the eyes of Abby and her son because whenever they see a flaw, they will point it out

"Maddie, your leg isn't turned out! Point those feet, Brooke!" Abby critiqued as she and Andrew were watching.

"Close those ribs, Mackenzie! Shoulders down, Chloe!" Andrew added as he was seeing the flaws and helped his mom point them out and it took an hour for the girls to correct their flaws and nailed the dance.

Up in the Viewing Room, The moms were watching their daughters be critiqued and frequently, they'd take digs at Abby and/or her son.

"Every single week, we enter the Crazy Zoo known as the Abby Lee Dance Company and seeing Abby yell at our daughters is the norm." Holly sighed.

"Whenever Abby yells at the girls, she's louder than a heard of lions in the jungle." Christi remarked

"And when Andrew yells, he sounds like a duck!" Melissa added as Andrew looked up at the insults the moms were making about them and rolled his eyes as he walked to the den and called Mackenzie, who then comes inside the room.

"Mackenzie, your solo is called It's Party Time and it's about being a party animal in a family friendly way." Abby explained to the younger Ziegler as the music for Mackenzie's solo was played by Gianna and she began dancing.

"Jump Higher!" Abby yelled as Mackenzie jumped and did some more moves which had her and Andrew's jaws on the ground and then she did a pose like she's pointing at the audience and the dance was so good, Abby and Andrew started clapping and looked emotional as they both walked over to Mackenzie and hugged her.

"She made us cry!" Andrew said, still in awe that Mackenzie had nailed her routine on the first try as He and Abby looked at her as they wiped their tears.

"There isn't a lot of people that make us cry whenever they're dancing, it was great and if you keep it up, you might have the audience crying." Abby told Mackenzie. "How about you go get a drink of water?"

Mackenzie obliged as she left the room as Andrew and Abby were wiping their tears from seeing the wonderful dancing that they saw from Mackenzie.

"You ok, Mom?" Andrew asked as Abby sat down to compose herself.

"I'm fine, what about you?" Abby replied to her son because she knows that he gets concerned whenever he sees her be emotional.

"I'm fine too. Kenzie just proved to us that she's a dancer and no longer a baby. If she keeps it up like that, Paige could have competition for the top spot on your pyramid." Andrew observed as he wiped his mom's tears and Abby wiped her son's tears.

"You're right on that. Let's bring in Chloe so we can work on her solo." As soon as Abby said that, Andrew got up and headed to the den to get Chloe and a minute later, Chloe came in as Andrew stood next to Abby like he always does.

"Chloe your solo is going to be called Clocks." Andrew told her and then Gianna started the music and Chloe began to do her dance.

"Pique! Bring more emotion! fix those feet, they're sickled" Abby yelled as Christi was watching Chloe and rolled her eyes because whenever she sees Andrew critique her daughter, they frequently yelled and after an hour and 30 minutes, Chloe finished rehearsing and went to get Paige so she could work on her solo.

"Paige, your solo is called Twilight Zone. It's about going to the lowest level of the ocean to which light can show." Abby explained to Paige, who had a look on her face that meant she was ready and nodded as the song started.

"Paige, long neck!" Abby called as Paige applied the corrections and continued to dance like her life depended on it, she had been on a roll since winning the national title and she was dedicated and when she finished, she did a pose.

Later on that night, the moms, the girls, Gianna, Jennine, Rachel and James had gone home for the night and the only two people that remained at the studio were Andrew and Abby, who were talking about going to New York City.

"Are you excited to go to New York City for the competition?" Abby asked her son.

"Yes i am, i love going to New York City whether it's a competition or just to sightsee, it's a wonderful city but it's even better at night in my opinion. And that's where i won my very first national title."

"Yep, i remember that, i was so overjoyed to see you win your first national title."

"And also we'd ride the subway, no wonder why it's one of the busiest subway systems in the USA."

"Remember that time we rode the subway and got lost and the station we got off at The Hoyt Schermerhorn Station? That's where Michael Jackson filmed the bad music video and you were 15 at the time." Abby reminisced.

"I remember that, and remember you used to take me to Central Park and we'd walk through the park and sometimes i would hear music and start dancing and your teachings helped me become a legendary dancer."

"It sure did." Abby stated, thinking about the moments that Andrew was the most talked about dancer and still is, that's why the girls studied his moves by watching old movies of him dancing.

"Do you know what my favorite part of going to new york is?"

"No, what is it?"

"Seeing Times Square at night!"

"Oh, yeah! It's like a beautiful light show at night!" Abby remarked, and then she got up and got her keys. "Well Andrew, i'm gonna head home for the night."

"Good night, mom." Andrew told Abby and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then she left the studio and drove home to relax for the night and after Andrew did some cleaning, he locked up for the night and headed home after a long day of rehearsal.

***

Sorry if it was short!