Chapter 16: Goin' Back to Pittsburgh

At around 9:30 AM, the RV that Andrew owned had arrived in Pittsburgh, Jim was doing the usual driving and they were nearing the competition.

"I sure miss Pittsburgh." Holly said, looking at the old home of Abby and the studio, three weeks after Andrew's 9th birthday, the studio relocated to Miami, FL because Maryen said she wanted to live in a city where it was warm year round.

Then when they are getting closer to the auditorium where the competition was going to be held at, Andrew sees a banner that says "Pittsburgh welcomes back the Abby Lee Dance Company" as he couldn't help but shed some tears as Abby saw them and wiped them

"Are you ok, sweetheart? what's the matter?"

"I'm fine, Mommy." Andrew stated with a slightly emotional tone in his voice. "It's just that i'm so happy that Pittsburgh never forgot about us since we left and that means a lot to us."

"It sure does mean a lot to us." Abby said.

Minutes later, they arrived at the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts and the fans are cheering as they held up signs saying "Pittsburgh misses you, Abby!", "Welcome back, Andrew!" soon as they saw the bus pull up to the entrance, they cheered even louder as the bus came to a stop.

Andrew and Abby were the first ones to get off as they waved and high fived the fans and the girls followed with their moms and headed inside of the auditorium, and Andrew signed everyone in for Abby.

"Abby, is that you?!" A voice said, and Abby turned around to see where the voice came from.

"Hey!" Abby shouted as she saw her old neighbor, Stacy, who is around 5'6, had long red hair and also had brown eyes and the two shared a hug.

"How have you been, how's life in Miami treating you? you still making winners in your studio."

"It's been good, in Miami it's warm year round, no snow, just rain and sunshine and yep, i'm still producing employable, working dancers."

"That's good, how's your mom?"

"She's doing good and sadly, my dad passed on from cancer 11 years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear about George."

"Stacey, do you remember my son Andrew?" Abby asked as Stacy took a good look at him.

"Wow, Andrew, i can't believe you're taller and your hair is longer. I used to look you in your face perfectly, but now I have to spin my head and you've grown into a wonderful young man." Stacy said as she gave him a hug.

"It's nice to see you too, Ms. Hansen." Andrew said.

"We're adults now, why don't you call me Stacy?"

"Ok."

"Abby, how tall is he now?"

"He's 6'6, he had a growth spurt when he was 16, originally before that, his height was 6'2 at 14." Abby answered.

"Wow, he's about as tall as my favorite basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan." Then Stacy looked at the girls and their moms. "Are they your junior elite competition team?"

"Yes, girls this is my old neighbor, Stacy Hansen. Stacey this is Maddie Ziegler, her younger sister Mackenzie and their mother Melissa. That is Nia Frazier and her mother, Holly. This is Brooke Hyland, her sister Paige and their mother Kelly. Last but not least this is Chloe Lukasiak and her mother, Christi. In case i forgot, this is my assistant and Andrew's girlfriend, Gianna Martello."

"Nice to meet you all." Stacy smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Ms. Hansen." The girls all said with good manners and they talked for a good 30 minutes.