Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Shirou, Rin, and Saber ran for their lives, knowing that they would be a hindrance to the fight of Caster, Lancer, and Archer against Berserker. They did not want to get into the crossfire.

Luckily when Rin and Shirou retreated, they found Saber but in a very bad state. It was a miracle she hadn't succumbed to the wounds that Berserker inflicted on her.

Rin tried to contact Archer but the bowman refused to respond to her command to retreat.

Then the massive explosion behind them rocked them to their core.

The whole of Ryuudo Temple and the hill it was built on, vanished.

-

Illyasviel coughed, her throat was dry and her legs were hurting. It was highly possible that her legs were paralyzed. She would be lucky if that were the only thing that happened.

Opening her eyes, she saw the crimson energy of her Berserker's energy cloak. It soothed her worries about him being killed.

Seeing she was relatively safe, Berserker unwrapped himself off of her. It allowed the snow haired magus to see the destruction of the noble phantasm and the powerful spell Caster used caused to the temple.

There were no fires, no light, only a pure pitch black crater. She could barely breathe air as the oxygen was absent due to the explosion.

She spotted Caster still floating in the air while Lancer was slightly singed. Archer was nowhere to be seen, as was his class.

Berserker had taken the most damage, his cloak was pierced revealing a burnt back. Although, the damage slowly healed itself.

"Berserker..." she breathed. She watched as Caster got ready to rain more spells, Lancer getting into a combat stance, and she spotted a red dot far away.

Berserker himself stood tall, his back fully healed and the cloak fully restored. "Graaa!"

He flashed behind Lancer, landing a blow to the blue-haired servant, sending the man soaring through the air. Next was Caster, who was slow to realize that Lancer was hit.

His attack destroyed the barrier that the hooded servant had conjured, killing her instantly.

There was one thing about Berserker that made them stronger. The longer they fight, the more enraged they become and the more enraged they become, the stronger they are.

He essentially took out two servants in one go. Then an arrow came soaring in.

This one was different, instead of a rainbow spiral, this one was red crimson.

It followed Berserker around, to the anger of the servant. Finally having enough of cat and mouse, the enraged servant grabbed the sword in midair and crushed it in his hand. The resulting lashing of mana didn't affect the servant the slightest.

"Rooaaarrr!"

Seeing that her servant defeated his opponents, Illyasviel couldn't help but smile.

Shrrkk. Pain erupted from her chest, looking down, she saw a simple sword sticking from her chest.

Eh? She felt blood gushing out of her mouth as she was bewildered by the sword sticking from her chest.