Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Bang! Naruto blocked both strikes from Archer with his arms, creating a shockwave. They struggled for dominance as Archer continued to press his leverage while Naruto tried to keep him away. "So this is why you're weaker. You don't have the advantage of higher stats and extra appendages," Archer mused as he continued to push.

"Though arguably I'm stronger since I can do this!" Suddenly Naruto brought his knee up for a knee strike.

Archer smirked before dissipating his twin swords and hitting a muscle underneath Naruto's kneecap with his elbow, disabling it. He then kicked the sane Berserker away with a roundhouse.

Naruto grounded his teeth as he felt the numbness from the elbow strike to his kneecap.

"You can feel pain," Archer added as he summoned his married swords.

Naruto growled in annoyance before falling into a frog stance. "Well, I hope your friend could destroy that thing," he said as he jumped back to dodge a wild tendril.

"Trust me when I say I have absolute trust she can," Archer replied as he swatted a tendril from touching him using his swords. "Just give her a minute... Steel is my body, fire is in my blood."

"I shall put my trust in her as well. Now, let me see that reality marble one last time!" Naruto yelled as he rushed forward towards Archer, dodging the tendrils on his way. Archer stood his ground as he greeted the attack with a sidestroke, narrowly dodging the punch.

He was thrown back by force.

What? Was all Archer could think as he skidded to a halt. He sidestepped an attack from a tendril before looking Naruto dead in the eye. I'm sure I dodged his punch, an illusion?! But I didn't see any hand sighs... "Nice trick," he said simply.

"Pretty coming from you, faker," Naruto scoffed as he slapped goo from falling onto him. He then rushed towards Archer with a roundhouse kick.

Archer dodged by bending forward and coming with a left double swipe at Naruto's right. "Trace overedge!" Suddenly the two small swords extended to the size of greatswords.

Naruto's eyes widened as quickly jumped upwards with his other foot and spun himself over the slice. He then planted his foot into the swords and launched himself off of it.

Archer, seeing that he missed, jumped backward and slapped a tendril away. The swords shortened and returned to normal length. He then threw them at the airborne servant, who smashed them into bits before coming down with an ax kick.

"Spirit and technique, flawless and firm."

Archer summoned his swords once more and threw them at the descending ninja. This time the swords flew past him and the ax kick connected to the ground where the servant of the bow was once was.

Naruto quickly stood up and dodged a strike from a tendril.

"Unknown to death, nor known to life."

Archer summoned another pair of the married swords and threw them at a recovering Naruto, who dodged them.

"Our strength rips through the mountains."

He summoned his bow and a red arrow. He nocked the arrow back before releasing it. "Gae Bolg II!"

Naruto's eyes widened as the red streak of death zoomed towards him. In a feat of flexibility, he bent backward and the arrow passed overhead, a few meters from his nose. He felt his ninja senses tingle and he did a backflip to dodge the married swords.

A tailed-beast resengan quickly formed as he skidded to a halt. He then rushed at Archer who summoned another set of his favored swords and rushed at Naruto as well.

"Our swords split water."

Archer quickly made work of a tendril that got into his way and skidded to a halt and bent forward, letting Naruto rush over him. Archer then spun around and struck Naruto in the back.

"Our names reach the imperial villa."

He then jumped back and threw the swords at Naruto. "The two of us can't hold the heavens together." Suddenly Naruto was impaled by multiple swords in the thighs, shoulders, and arms.

"Fuck!" Naruto screamed in pain as he stood himself up with sheer willpower. "That fucking hurt!"

"I've created over a thousand blades, yet these hands hold nothing." Suddenly hundreds of weapons appeared in the sky. "Trace loaded. Fire!" In waves, the swords quickly shot towards the sane berserker.

The blades embedded themselves in the ground as Naruto went backward and summoned a tailed-beast rasenshuriken. "Take this! Tailed-beast rasenshuriken!" The technique shredded swaths of weapons with no signs of stopping.

Archer's eyes narrowed as he summoned his ultimate defense. "Rho Aias!" Despite his summoning of the shield, his swords continued to fruitlessly counter the massive "noble phantasm."

Naruto frowned before sighing. "I only have 3 minutes left..." he muttered. A tendril burst below him, forcing him to jump away. "Tch. Stupid tentacles... I might as well finish it now before it gets worst... Damn it, why didn't my insane self do that?"

He only took a step when a bright light suddenly erupted from the mansion, piercing the sky with pure mana before it came down with a mighty crash. Boom! The ground rumbled as if one of Kurama's tails slammed down on the earth.

Behind him, he felt and distinctively heard the roaring of the end of his technique. As the dust and rumbling subsided, he heard the crash of a body.

Naruto frowned before moving to the crash site. "Wow, your friend really did it, she destroyed the abomination... Although I could've done it way cooler... I'm fe-" he paused as he realized that the crash site did not contain the corpse of Archer, rather it contained a charred rock.

"That's my Saber..." he heard a voice behind him. "Caladbolg II!"

"Shit!" Naruto cursed loudly as he formed a tailed beast resengan in order to counter the noble phantasm. He was a second too late.

A half-formed resengan met the modified rainbow sword. Boom!

Chapter 14 End

Was really reluctant to publish this due to my nerfing of Naruto but honestly, this story wasn't supposed to be a "good" story, it was just for me to test new things to improve my writing like fight scenes, etc. The next chapter should be the last, if not the one after.

Also, I think adding the sane noble phantasm was a massive mistake on my past self's part, provided a huge writer's block for me. Didn't edit because people already reviewed it and became an integral part of Berserker's character.

New A/N: Yes, the previous A/N was already written and is a part of the one on FF.net but it quite explains what I feel even up to now. Though looking back at it, I very much loved this story's plot but the execution of the said plot was quite underwhelming or even outright terrible.

I also considered rewriting this but meh... Although that may be a good idea...