Chapter Five. Something Happened?

I had started cutting the left side of the wall, and part of it crumbled.

Startled, I pulled back and the small saw slipped out of my hand and clattered onto the floor.

Cheeze-it jumped at the sound, and fluffed up, frightened.

After the cat realized that it wasn't in danger, it began grooming its fur back down to its usual size.

I chuckled and picked up the saw.

"Hmm... there's gotta be a better way to do this...." I thought aloud.

Cheeze-it then started to nuzzle my right pocket, and I looked down and saw the Spork sticking out of it.

I grasped the utensil pulling it out of my pocket, and in the palm of my hand, I looked it over.

I held it out in front of me and pointed it at the opening, kind of hoping/expecting something to happen.

Then, just as I was about to give up and look for something else that might work, the room abruptly lit up with a streaky pink glow.

Then all at once, the soft pinkish glow burst into a harsh bright white explosion!

I shut my eyes tightly and held the Spork away from me.
When the light disappeared, I slowly opened one eye, then the other.

I looked around and nothing seemed to have changed.

Then, I looked up at the previous 'small opening' and saw a door, large enough to fit me, my backpack and more.
With a gorgeous intricate light hung above it.

My mouth dropped open and I looked down at the Spork, then back up at the door, then down at Cheese-it, (who, had earlier been frightened by a saw clattering to the floor, was unshaken by this... whole experience.)

I pulled the door open, and looked around outside. Everything outdoors was the same. The only thing that changed was the door.

I pulled the upper half of my body back into the attic room and stared in awe at the incredible 'magical' utensil.

"Whoa." Was all I had to say.