Chapter Two. A Place To Stay.

I looked up to see the cat in a panic, then I heard footsteps from outside my door.

(Oh no, what will the staff think if I have a cat in my room!?) I thought, frantically.

Thinking fast I had noticed earlier it was a curious cat so shooing it away would do nothing.

I quickly shoved it under my blankets and, without a sound, closed my eyes so it seemed like I was asleep.

I heard someone come in, then slowly retreat back into the hallway.

After I heard that sweet door click of relief, I pulled the cat out from under the covers.

It had clawed at my legs for what felt like forever.

At least it was quiet. I threw it off my bed and got up, grimacing at the pain of the new found claw marks on my legs.

I then decided that I would go find my parents myself.

I started packing and getting ready for the road, I looked down at the cat and remembered it was a curious creature.

"Ugh," I scoffed.

"Fine you can follow me. But only if you're quiet."
The cat was company. In some ways.

Sneaking out of the house wasn't hard. It felt empty.

"Huh, odd." I muttered to myself.

I was leaving anyway so it didn't
matter much.

Not to me.

I didn't go out the front door. If I had, I might have gotten myself seen.

No, I went out the kitchen door, which lead to the back garden.

I knew a shortcut to the front of the house. The cat trotted behind me as we snuck out the front gate.

It was kinda fun. To pretend that we were spies sneaking out of a prison or something.

We started off in the direction that the car went in, but I wasn't sure where to go next.

I hadn't thought we'd get this far.

I looked down at the cat and it looked like it was rolling its eyes? I was confused at first, but then it started leading me!

I followed the cat for a while, dropping invisible ink covered stones, that would glow under black light, along the way, acting as markers.

(I had packed my black light so it wouldn't be hard to tell my rocks apart from the regular ones.)

We finally arrived at what looked like an old shack.

The cat sniffed around, but I didn't pay it much attention. I was exhausted.

This was our stop for the night.