Chapter Fourteen. Ruined.

Ivan's POV:

When I came-to, I heard sirens outside. I sat up quickly and the nurse glanced over at me.

"Oh! You're awake! They're coming to help you sir."
She said. I began to panic.
(No! They can't take me away now! Not when I'm so close.) I then tried to object, but my voice was too far gone.
I shook my head 'no' but the nurse didn't listen.

"Don't worry! They will take good care of you." She said. I violently shook my head 'NO' but she just wouldn't listen.

don't know what I expected. Of course she was calling an ambulance. How had I not noticed sooner?! Perhaps it was the trauma I had just gone through.

That didn't matter anymore. I couldn't do anything about it now.
I had to get away somehow.

I began looking around the room for some way to escape, but there wasn't any other way except for the door.
I had to make a break for it. There was no way out of this, but maybe if I got lucky I could make it.

I then stood to my feet, and the nurse rushed over to sit me back down. I resisted, and broke free of her grasp.
I then dashed for the exit, and shoved my way past the medical nurses from the ambulance.

They attempted to grab me, but I dodged just in time. They weren't going to ruin my plans that easily.

I ran to the front exit of the mansion, and the doors were locked. I glanced behind me, and the nurses were hot on my heels.

I hurriedly unlocked the front doors and threw the doors wide open.

But it was too late... They had caught up to me too quickly, and the nurses apprehended me, and took me into the ambulance.

They then began to treat my wounds as we drove to the hospital. All my plans had been ruined.

It was over now...

/////////

Iris' POV

Tears streamed down my face.

"I need to be alone."
I said through gritted teeth.

"Iris. I'm sorry."
Irene pleaded. I was silent. My hair covered my face as I cried.

Irene looked down shamefully, and dragged her feet looking defeated, towards the exit.
She closed the door behind her and walked down the hallway.

I wiped away my tears and wished none of this had happened. Maybe then, I wouldn't be crying right now.

I looked outside into the garden, and it suddenly seemed less cheerful. I had no idea what to do now.

I hugged my knees, and thought about all of the bad things that had happened to me over the past few days.

Then, I felt like something was watching me. I looked up, and there was nothing there. But the creepy feeling was still lingered.

I awkwardly looked back outside the window, and assumed I was going crazy.

Then, I felt something brush up against my back. I jumped, startled, and looked behind me.

It was Cheese-it!!! I was so overjoyed to see that silly feline, that I couldn't help but hug it.

The cat was obviously startled by this 'surprise' interaction, because it immediately jumped out of my arms as soon as I began to hug it.

"Cheese-it!"
I shouted a little too loudly. I couldn't help it. I was just so happy. I then got a good look at the cat and it was holding my Spork in it's mouth!

"You have my Spork!"
I exclaimed. I then covered my mouth in surprise. I hadn't realized how loud I was being. Irene had just barely left the room. She could come back to check on me any second.

I took my Spork out of Cheese-it's mouth and held it close to my chest. It then emitted a faint red glow and the glow began to beat along with my heart.

I was surprised to feel the faint beating on my chest coming from the Spork.

It felt like my heart beat was getting louder/stronger. I was confused. The beating kept getting louder and louder.
Then red sparks began to come off of the Spork as the beating became louder.

I couldn't look away. It was so beautiful. I then came back to my senses, and suddenly felt fear. I pulled the Spork away from my chest, and the beating and the sparks stopped.

Cheese-it was staring at the Spork, then looked at me with wide worried eyes.

"I don't know what happened."
I said; concerned. I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked at Cheese-it.

"I think there may be more to this Spork than we thought."