Chapter Three. Caught.

Butler's POV:
After I checked on Iris and went downstairs to clean the living room, I heard a noise;
it was coming from the kitchen.

As I went in to investigate, I grabbed a spatula.

My weapon of choice.
I stalked slowly towards the door trying not to make too much sound.

There wasn't anything there, which could only mean one thing.

Iris had snuck out again. I sighed and walked out the door to follow her.

She'd get it now.

She was awake when I tried to strike earlier tonight, but now her parents were gone.

So I would soon have my chance. I thought. Making and evil face.

Then I stumbled over a rock.

    Iris' POV:
I had lay down on the cold wood panels of the small shack, and the cat, that I had named Cheese-it, ((for, "obvious reasons". [insert sarcasm here] )) had curled up beside me.

And eventually, we drifted off to sleep.

/////////

I woke up, and it was late morning.

The big bright sun was shining in my face, and the bright sudden light obscured my vision, blinding me.

I vaguely saw a figure in the doorway, and immediately jumped up and tried to escape, but they were too fast for me. They were blocking my only exit.

I held the Spork close as the figure started walking towards me, but something prevented him from moving any closer.

He stepped back, and tried again with the same result.

Blinking, I realized  there was a clear 'bubble like' shield encasing me.

I stared in shock.
I then turned toward the equally flabbergasted man.

I could see in the butler's face what he was thinking....
And he didn't have good intentions.

Butler's POV:
(They gave her the Spork! I can't get to her now.
Fine. I'll afflict my attack tomorrow night then. While she's asleep.)

I thought. Plotting my attack.

Iris POV again:
(Oh boy). I thought, as my butler's piercing glare struck my soul,
(I'm in big trouble.)

As we walked back to the house I dared not say a thing.
I was afraid of what would happen if I did.

He was one of those mean butlers who thought they were doing the right thing, but were actually just total buzz kills.

We finally arrived back at the mansion and walked through the large front door.

He nodded to the rest of the staff members as if this was a normal thing.

"Morning." He said blankly. Without any emotion escaping his voice.

We passed the cooks and they had looked as if they were in a bigger hurry than usual.

So did the rest of the workers...
He led me up the stairs and pushed me into my bedroom from behind.

"W-where are my parents?" I stammered worriedly. The butler didn't say anything, he just stood there, staring blankly. A wrinkle formed in the crease of his nose.

I wasn't sure if should keep speaking or shut up.

I waited for a few seconds.... and he didn't say anything. He'd seemed bothered by the subject of my parents, so I left it at that.

After he had left,
I let 'Cheese-it' in through the window, the cat had seemed as if it was bothered as well.

"Are... you okay?" I asked, concerned.
It  cocked it's head in reply, and I chuckled.

I stroked the beautiful ebony fur of the silky cat, and it purred softly.

Thinking about my parents made me even more determined than before to find them.

The butler looked extra on guard today. So If I tried to sneak-out a second time later, he might find me again.
I thought for a while, just sitting on my bed.

Thinking....
(What now?) I thought.

Stumped.