Chapter 3

Once I got home I saw mum in the lounge staring at a letter. She was reading it over and over. I went and sat on the black leather sofa next to my mum to see what the letter was about.

"What's that?" I asked her curiously

"It's a letter from some long distance family of ours" she said. They decided to look deeper into their family and discovered that we are related to them. They're from Australia!"

"Ahh that's so cool! I've always wanted family from Australia!!!" I chirped excitedly.

"Since when?.......or is that a stupid question? It's because of that boy band isn't it?"

"No, what makes you say that"? I said trying to hide the truth.

"Hmmmm." Mum said, I could tell instantly in her voice that she knew I was lying.

"Ok ok you got me!" I admitted.

"Well anyway, moving swiftly onwards! They left a number on the bottom of the letter and said for us to give them a call. So I called them up and they said that they are in London for a few months."

"Ok so...what do you actually know about them? How distantly related are we, who actually are they?" I asked.

"Well....we are going to meet them this evening at the pub and we are going to have a nice chat and get to know each other. Are you going to come?"

"Yea sure! I will just go get ready!" I said intrigued to find out more."

"Ok we are leaving at 7:00 so you have a couple hours! Don't be late!!!"

I ran up the stairs and headed for my bedroom to get ready to go and meet my new Aussie family. I pulled off my outfit from college and threw them into the floor. I opened the wardrobe and dug out my grey Nirvana top, my denim shorty shorts and a pair of black TOMS. I washed my face to remove any make-up that had smudged on my face. I wasn't going to make myself look like a doll but I put a bit of red lipstick on. You've got to make a good impression! I left my hair in the messy bun that I had put it in that same morning. I looked at my phone and saw it was 6:45 PM so I fled down the stairs to see if mum and dad where ready to go. Once dad finished his coffee we marched out of the door and headed to the pin. I had an excited feeling in my tummy. Who knows that we're going to find out!