Chapter Thirteen

A/n - My sincere apologies to everyone. I've been neglecting this story. But I'll try to finish this quickly because I want you all to find out how it ends. Thanks for being patient with me. Love you all for reading, voting commenting on this. 😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘

Chapter Thirteen (Rambo)

“Stop worrying.” Pree rubbed my back.

I took a deep breath and opened the passenger side door. Looking up at the large colonial type house Pree used to live, brought back mixed feelings.

I remembered the last time I was here. It was the day my hope ended. It was the day I stopped caring. I stopped caring whether I lived or died. It's the day I just started exiting and given up living.

It’s the day I lost Pree.

“Come on.” Pree draped his arm around my shoulders, waking me up from the nightmare.

“Wouldn’t she mind if I see the baby?” I asked in a small voice. I used to be a drug addict and I’m practically on a suicide watch. What mother would want her newborn to meet such a person?

“Why would she?” Pree gave me a concerned look. “Besides, she’s been pestering me to bring you here.” That lifted my mood and my confidence returned a bit.

“I like to see her again.” I smiled remembering the tall, strong girl I briefly met couple of times.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Pree grinned, escorting me towards the front door.

The house has changed a lot. Interior deco is rather modern than I remembered. I guess since Mo has started living here, she must have redecorated it to suit her living.

“P’Pree, P'Bo.” A beautiful woman came forward smiling widely. There’s still a trace of that same girl left in her but with the motherhood she has grown in to an elegant woman.

“Nong Mo, I’m so grateful for inviting me to your house.” I greeted her placing my palms together and bowing my head.

“Nonsense! Give me a hug P'Bo.” She hugged me tightly. I bowed my head shyly at her action.

“Stop scaring him with your overbearing Mo.” A good looking guy came from the kitchen wiping his hands on a towel. “Hello? I’m Nick. Mo's husband.” I shook hands with him.

“Hello Nick.” I smiled. He looked familiar.

“I’ve seen you at work sometimes.” Nick gestured us to sit down. Is he a fellow flight attendant? I wondered.

“Nick is a pilot.” Pree explained dragging me to sit besides him on the sofa. Ah that’s why. “But he’s better at cooking.” Pree chuckled unconsciously wrapping his arm around my shoulder. How easy and natural to be with him like this? I wondered happily. I’m so fortunate to be allowed to be a part of this warm cozy household and family.