Chapter 57

Andy's Pov

I was so consumed by guilt, that I wasn't able to see what Riley was going through. I had taken it upon myself to make sure that she has everything she needs. I had gotten back to work, so I barely saw her, when we were playing catch up for all that we missed while I had taken the time off to be with her.

A few days had passed where I had left before she woke up and got back after she was asleep. We barely spoke during the day, but today I got home and found her sitting on the couch in my t-shirt, her hair was wet from the shower, but the house was quiet, there were no signs of her best friend or her brother.

"I'm home," I called from the door and she turned to look at me, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "What are you doing up, shouldn't you be resting?" I ask as I set down my bags and watched her rise as she looked at me nervously.

"I'm sick of resting, that's all I hear, I'm fucked up crazy, but I'm not a fragile doll. I..." She looked away as the blush stained her cheeks, "I missed you and I wanted to see you, really see you and talk to you, in person and..." I watched her confidence fade and her shoulders slump as she looked at everywhere but me.

I walked over to her slowly, but then she squared her shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes, "I missed you and I can't help but feel like you're avoiding me and I want to know why. It's stupid because we live in the same house, we should be sleeping in the same bed. What did I do to you?" Her voice broke as the question fell from her lips.

I knew there was no more hiding, I had pulled her into my arms as I gave in to my desire to touch her. I captured her lips and drank in her salty tears as they trailed down her face. The kiss was meant to be light, meant to reassure her, but soon she had taken over and my desire was flamed into an inferno. It took everything I had to pull away, but my lips remained just out of reach of her own, my eyes closed and my forehead against hers.

"You did nothing wrong, Riley, I am so fucken sorry if I ever made you feel like you did, I just felt so guilty for what I did." I felt her tense and pull back as she looked into my eyes. "Fuck, no, that's not what I meant." I felt the frustration run through me and I ran my hands through my hair, trying to gather my thoughts. "Listen to me, I do not regret what happened to us, that was fucken perfect. I just..." I sighed, this was crashing, but it was time to be honest, "I feel bad because you were sick when it happened. Believe me, when I say, it takes everything I have, to not do it to you all the time."

The air she sucks in, sucks the air right out of my lungs. I close my eyes and take a step back, this is not working, I don't know what to say or to do right now. Riley's hand is a gentle touch on my chest as she steps into me.

"I was fine, in fact, I was more than fine. I'm not going to break, Andy. I... I don't want it to stop, I don't want you to hold back. Besides, I feel much better now then I did then. My crazy isn't as bad anymore." I dare looking at her and she has a soft smile of her lips, the lips I keep thinking about, the lips that I want to devour, her eyes shine with what I'd like to believe is affection and her touch warms my soul.

"Andy, I want you and if you don't want me, then that's fine, but I..." I can't believe my ears, she thinks I don't want her? Before she can spout any more nonsense, my lips are on hers, stealing the kiss, I have been dying for, shutting out the ridiculous idea that I don't want her.

"Riley, I want you more than anything, I... I need you." There was a burst of emotion in my chest. "Riley, you're all I've been thinking about, but I don't want to rush things and hurt you." She shook her head, but said nothing, instead she pulled me into another kiss and this time, there was no holding back.

As my kisses trail down her throat, she leans into me, her voice a seductive sound that vibrates against my lips, "Kye and Tracey went out, on a date, we're home alone for the next few hours." Like music to my ears, I can't keep it in anymore. I bite down gently as she lets out a moan before reaching for the buttons of my shirt.

We barely made it over to the couch. I lifted her as I tried to make my way over there, especially with the way she was fumbling with my buttons, her hand brushing over my bare skin was distracting enough. I was trying to tug off her shirt but with her in my arms, I made little progress, she lifted the shirt, ridding us of the obstruction. I sat her down on the cushion and pulled away, I wanted to see her, commit every detail to memory. She blushed as my eyes took her in, the small smile playing on her lips and the look in her eyes, meant that we were in this now.

I kissed her lips, trying to hold back the violent desire that ran through my body, "Mine." I growled, she had to belong to me, I couldn't let her not be mine anymore.

"Yours." She whispered breathlessly, before pulling my face to hers, "Mine too." The words left me shaken, I nodded.

"Yours", my broken voice spoke the one word and I knew that it was over. I loved her and she loved me. This was all we needed, there was no denying it now.