Prologue

~1930~

~3rd person~

  "You can't catch me Celine!" Mark, one of the boys in the group of four kids, shouted to the only girl in the group. Celine, the female, yelled back to him, "I'll get you!" She took off her bag and handed it to her younger brother Damien and ran after the kid in her brother's grade.

  This was pretty common among the children, always playing games with each other and pulling off pranks on each other, and this was no different. Of course rain was starting to drizzle down on them as they walked home, so they started to pick up the pace by playing a small game.

  William, the last boy in this group to introduce, and Damien started to jog after the two in front of them. Being left behind wasn't that great of a feeling, especially while in the rain, and the first stop they had to go to was soon coming up.

  Mark led the three kids up to his gated off driveway and called for their groundskeeper Greg to open the gate. Celine came up and embraced him, cheering over her win. "I caught you! I win!" She exclaimed as Will and Damien came up behind.

  "Yeah yeah, you won, good job. That's only because we made it to my house," Mark replied, watching as the groundskeeper came up and unlocked the gate for the boy. Celine let go as he started to go up the driveway.

  The Hudson Manor *as it was now referred to by the owners and the town* was a pretty large and scary looking place, but it really wasn't that terrifying as one may think. The manor had many rooms and quite nice decorations inside and out that kind of made it feel less frightful.

  There has been rumors about the building, though, claiming it was haunted or had a portal that led to a different reality and time zone. The kids did know about the ghost stories told about their friend's house, but had never found anything suspicious about the place yet. Mark's older siblings did believe those little horror stories though and had warned their parents about moving in when the last owner passed on, but his parents ignored it and bought the house anyways.

  Mark told his friends goodbye and that they would see him tomorrow, but before he went to walk off to the manor, he turned to the group. "Are any of you busy on Saturday? I think we might be having a small party if you aren't busy."

  William perked up, "Party? I would love to come! I'll ask my folks about it once I return home." Celine shrugged, looking at her brother, "I don't think we have to do anything, we might be able to come."

  "Sounds great, I'll see you all tomorrow," and just like that Mark was already speeding up the driveway to the front door. Celine smiled and watched him run up to his door and head in.

  William tapped Celine on her shoulder, "We should get going, the rain is starting to get worse." The three kids sprinted to their next stop not too far away.

  As they rounded the corner and crossed the street, Damien started to loose grip on his sister's bag. He slowed down and regained his grip on the bag, only to find that his sister and friend had ran off without him.

  "Oh no..oh no.." Damien threw the bag on his back and flew down the sidewalk, trying not to fall on the wet ground. He did run into a bunch of puddles, soaking his pants and shoes a lot. The rain started to mess up his once perfectly combed hair, and his running wasn't helping his hair either. Once he made it to William's house, he started to slow down and walk to the male and female at the front door.

  His sister turned to him, " Oh, thank goodness you caught up. The rain was becoming too much for us to handle so we ran off and didn't think about you not being able to catch up. I'm sorry Damien, very sorry."

  The young and tired boy let out a breath, "it's alright Celine, I'm just glad we're here now and not still running through the streets."

  William nodded and opened the front door to his house. "Well, I guess I'll see you two tommorow, stay dry!" He wiped off his shoes and stepped inside the nice light brown colored house. Will's house did look really pretty and was full of plants, ranging from giant Kentia palms to tiny cacti. It was quite a cozy living space to stay and smelled very fresh and stress reliving. No wonder Celine liked the place so much.

  All that was left of the group was Celine and Damien, and as soon and Will got inside they rushed home. A storm was no place for kids like them, and neither was the cold streets it poured on. Once the two arrived home, the boy took a refreshing shower and his sister had started her homework. They did tell their parents about the invite they got from their friend, and were happy when their parents said they could go. The kids had been sent to bed at around 8:00 that night, early enough for them to get a good night's sleep.

••••••••••

{This first part is trash, but that's ok. I'll try to make things better, stay tuned for that.

Have a lovely day guys 👋}