4: job interview

Sunlight. Dreaded sunlight. The curtains weren't pulled all the way closed the night before, so sunlight was able to easily drape into the room as much as it could, which one of those areas was across Wilford's calm and peaceful sleeping face.

  Of course, his face wouldn't be too peaceful in its sleep since he had to wake up and get ready for an interview in a half hour. Wait...

  Will's eyes opened tiredly as he looked at his surroundings. He stayed up late last night and forgot to actually go back to his room instead of crashing on his couch, but that didn't bother him. What bothered him, though was the clock on his wall. The clock read out the time, and time said that he had a half hour to get up, get ready, and head over to the radio stating for his job interview. He shot up from his spot on the couch and rushed to his bathroom to clean up.

  It didn't take him too long to figure out what he was wearing and styling his hair; he had picked out his dress suit once he was told that they wanted to interview him for the role of a radio host at the nearby radio station. Quickly heating up leftover waffles in his microwave, he finished packing up his small bag to store his wallet, cologne, and other essential items for his trip out. As he scoffed down his breakfast, he realized he still had about 15 minutes left before the interview. Will fled out his door and down the street.

  The radio station wasn't too far away, which meant he didn't have to travel too far. That was a plus about the job and his current situation. He made it into the building with only three minutes to spare, which he took sitting on one of their waiting room chairs and looking around. Observing new places was always something nice to do, especially when you're stressed about something or have nothing to do. It was something he learned from a friend of his, a friend that he hadn't seen in such a long time. He wondered how he was doing now, how his friend's sister was doing.

  "Mr. Warfstache, the boss will see you now." A woman called out, snapping Wilford from his thoughts. His interview was happening now, but was he prepared for it? Who knows...

  Wilford got up from the chair he was in and followed the woman to what would be his boss's office, which had a vinyl music disc hanging off the door from the band The Rolling Stones. They were becoming a pretty popular band and had good music, the boss must be a fan of them.

  The attendent knocked on the door and listened, then after hearing a sound from behind the door clicked it open. The office wasn't super large, it was a nice size for a radio station office. At least Will thought, he didn't know for sure. The walls had some posters of some big bands and some albums and vinyl records in glass cases. He did read that this radio station only broadcasted music and music stations, but now Will realized they were dead serious about it. A man sat at the desk in the middle of the room with slicked back hair, a chevron mustache, and a cigar hanging from his mouth. A chair was placed on the other side of the desk, facing the man.

  "Sir, your next client is here." The attendent spoke out, causing the man to look up from his desk. The boss glanced at Wilford, who stared at him with unknowing eyes, then smiled. "Well then, I believe I can take it from here," The boss said, then motioned for the chair in front of him, "take a seat, my boy."

  The attendent left the room to let them have their privacy as Will sat down in the chair, getting comfortable in his spot. The boss looked satisfied, then set down his pen and paid full attention to the man looking for a job.

  "So," he started, "before we begin, how about we get to know each other a little bit. My name's Randall Suomi, your name?" Will nodded, and spoke. "I'm Wilford Warfstache, sir."

  Mr. Suomi chuckled, tossing his hand in a respectful yet shooting down way. "You don't need to call me sir, Mr. Warfstache, just call me Mr. Suomi." He responded. Will liked this guy.