Chapter 11

That night, Elizabeth called the poice. She was too shaky actually, so she just dialed the number and i talked, even though i had to make some effort not to breakdown too. Elizabeth didn't waste time trying to hold back her tears. It was heartbreaking really.

After i woke up from the black out i had from overthinking - Elizabeth said i was off for just couple of hours - Elizabeth freaked out. Or maybe she was already freaking out.

She was able to sleep eventually because she couldn't keep her eyes open anymore. But until she did, i stayed in her room, sitting in an armchair, talking to her so she would calm down.

I, on the other hand, spent the whole night wide awake. More thoughts of horrible things that people could be doing to Kayley clouded my mind.

When the morning came, i decided to look for Kayley too. I can't just stay in Elizabeth's house sitting, waiting for the police to update us about the searching.

So i warned Elizabeth i was going out. Not actually, just left a note in the counter. And so i went outside.

I've started looking in stores near the house, than i just went looking everywhere i thought she could be. I don't know if she left by herself or if she's been kidnapped. Whatever happen, i just hope that the right one is the first opinion and that she's still alive.

After some hours i got tired. So i decided to go to the cafe we went the other day.

Kayley's missing. She's nowhere to be seen. That just freaks me out.

Suddenly, i hear a noise. I almost screamed and jumped when i notice it was my cellphone. My dad is calling, i called him everyday since we arrived, just forgot to do it today.

"Hey dad!" I say trying to sound as if nothing happened.

"Hi honey." He said. "How are things going?"

"They're great. We've been to so many places..." I said.

"What did you like best?" He asks. He's interrested.

"Probrably the Havanna store." We laugh. But my laugh isn't as real as his.

"I'm glad you two are having fun." I sound picture him smiling. And i smiled too.

"I gotta go dad, we're visiting more stores today." That part made him laugh.

"Okay. Take care of yourself, tell Kayley i said hi. Love you." He said.

"Love you too dad." I hang up.

Dad called right before i entered the café. When i did enter, i sat in the table me and Kayley sat in the first day.

Unfortunately that creepy guy saw me and decided to sit too.

"Remember me?" He smirked.

"Yeah, unfortunately." I said.

He just ignore the mean comment. "Where's your friend?"

"It's none of your bussiness." I answer meaning to be rude. Why does he wanna know?

"If i asked it's because i want to know." He said.

"Just because you want it doesn't mean you'll get it." I provoked.

"You really don't like me, do you?" He smirked again. He's playing. I seriously don't understand what does he want with all this.

"I'm pretty sure you'd love a girl if she approached you the way you approached me and my friend." I said.

"I see your point." He said and left.

He is weeeeeeeeird...

I drank a coffe and left the place. Then i started to search more in the streets, like abandoned buildings, but there weren't many of them to search in...

At night, i went back to Elizabeth's house feeling hopeless because i couldn't find Kayley.

Elizabeth made dinner.

"Did the police found her?" I asked in hope that she'd say somethig like "yes, she's upstairs right now!"

"No Anna..." She simply said.

We didn't speak for the rest of the meal. I can't believe this is really happening.

"Goodnight." I said feeling a bit awkward.

"Goodnight." She answered in her usual sweet voice. There's just one thing that's difference, she's hurt. And that makes her voice sound painful.

Her grandchild is missing and for all that we know she could be dead. I don't know many stories of people that went missing and came back, actually i don't know any story like that at all. And it just makes it all worse.

I walked to Kayley's room and look over the empty bed.

All of there things are here. Her clothes, her chocolates, everything that she bought here, but she isn't.

Her bed is empty. She won't sleep there tonight, and probrably not tomorrow, and probrably never if she's dead.

Every minute that passes just makes me believe more in the possibily that she's been kidnapped and murdered. I always think about the worst possibility and this is not different.

The shadows. They seems bigger, and scarier and... Darker.

I put my back agaisnt the wall and pull my legs to myself, holding them with my arms. This feels like a nightmare.

They won't touch me, they won't harm me but i'm scared as hell and i just want this to be over... I'm slowly getting insane and paranoid...

It's midnight, i walk to the window. The starts are brighting just like they always did. The moon is barely noticeable. You can only see a small part of it but it's light is bright and strong.

Everything seems so calm out there, the opposite of what my mind is right now.

When i can't stay awake any longer, i go back to bed, hoping that whatever nightmare i have won't have anything do to with the dark hooded figure even though i know that's impossible.