Chapter 10

I've been through many things in my 16 years of life. And that was by far the most scary. Or the whole thing for itself was.

Nothing has seemed so real/unreal before. This is going to end up really bad. I might end up insane, and go to a hospice.

When i wake up from the nightmare, i wonder if it didn't actually happen and that i or my soul or whatever i was just went to sleep and now i woke up.

But it was in my house. This is Elizabeth's house, in Argentina. That makes it somewhat better. But still, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

"Ready to go out?" Kayley smiles cheerfully after she wakes me up.

Still, i'm in bed. "I won't go out in my pijamas unless i want to be laughed at."

"Don't you?" Kayley teases.

I get my pillow and threw a her laughing when it hit the target.

"Ouch that hurt!" She laughed too.

"You deserved it." I said still laughing.

"Maybe." She teased again.

She went downstairs, maybe to talk more to her grandma. I search for some clean clothes. A black t-shirt with blue jeans and purple shoes. Just... Simple.

I walked down the stairs to see that Elizabeth was dressed to go out too. I just smiled.

She opened the door and closed it after we all were outside.

She was our guide for the day. She took us to this new restaurant that opened a week before we arrived here.

"The food here is awesome!" Kayley said putting more steak into her month. I just agreed with my head and a look because my mouth was too full.

"I knew you two would like here." Elizabeth smiles and eats.

Once we are finished, the waiters come and clean our table. Then, we leave.

Elizabeth take us around some parts of the city. Some sights are so beautiful, others are horrible. Like every other city in the world, it has it's qualities and it has it flaws.

We practicaly spend the day walking around and going to stores. When i find myself thinking too much, that's when Kayley and her grandma aren't really talking to me, the shadows start to creep me out. It doesn't happen that much, something or most of the times Kayley always catch my attention before it gets worse.

After a day following Elizabeth and walking around the city, we decide to go back to her house. It's already night, 9 pm, when we go sit to have dinner.

Elizabeth tells us the story of how she met Kayley's grandad. Unfortunately, he died of a heart attack when Kayley was little.

They met at the high school party. Elizabeth went with her boyfriend at the time and Kayley's grandad went with his girlfriend.

It was kind of funny because their dates ended up leaving them at the same party so Elizabeth spent the whole night talking to him. They became best friends and the rest you can imagine.

I love hearing those kind of stories. They are so beautiful. I never got to know how my parents met though. I might ask dad when i go back.

Elizabeth went to sleep so me and Kayley sat in the living room watching TV. They actually have some american programmes, but not that many. So when it was passing argentin programmes i was watching Kayley waiting for her to translate it to me.

After a while she goes upstairs to sleep but i stayed in the sofa. I ended up sleeping.

At night i hear a loud noise, coming from upstairs. I thought somebody might've broken in. So i searched for a frying pan in the kitchen and walked upstairs, slowly.

I went to the room i'm staying, Kayley wasn't there.

"Kayley?" I said. "Kayley?"

She didn't answer, so i left the room.

"Kayley, where are you?" I said louder.

I was starting to get worried so i search for her everywhere in the house.

She's not here.

"Elizabeth!" I scream. "Elizabeth!"

I walk to her room, more like ran to her room.

"Anna, why are you with a frying pan?" She asks camly.

"I was downstairs, then i hear a loud noise so i went to Kayley's room and she wasn't there!" I say having some problem's to breath.

"My granddaughter is missing?!" She almost screamed.

"I guess so." I said terrified.

What happened to her? Did she just leave? That's not like Kayley, she would've woken me or Elizabeth to say she was leaving. Did someone kidnapped her? Where is she? What if they tortured her? What if they killed her? What happened to my best friend...

I feel myself getting dizzy and the last thing i see is Elizabeth reaching for me but it's all already black.