5. The First Night Of Starting Fresh... Or Not

We had just finished our first show of the tour and me and the guys were jumping around with post show adrenaline. Half an hour later we finally made our way back to the buses plopping down in the living room area. The room fell into a silence before Devo spoke up, "Alright I can't do this. I'm far to hyped up to just sit around" everyone agreed, standing back up. "So now what?" Sam asked. "We celebrate!" I shouted. The guys all hollered in agreement and we headed out of the bus. As everyone was piling in the rental van I realized I forgot my phone so I shouted for them to wait up while I grabbed it. I ran back inside the bus to my bunk and grabbed my phone. As I was about to leave I noticed the light in the studio was on so I walked over and flipped the switch on the outside off. "Hey! I was using that!" I heard someone yell from inside it. "Adalyn?" I asked opening the door to see her sitting on the couch working on her computer, "What are you doing in here?" She turned the computer toward me to reveal pictures of tonight's show. "My job." She replied in a duh tone causing her high ponytail to bounce a little. "Ohh. Well the guys and I are going out to celebrate. You comin?" I asked her. "Um no thanks. I better finish this up." She declined politely. "Aw come on. You can finish it when you get back!" I suggested. She looked at me like I was crazy "Yeahhh I'd rather not get fired." I rolled my eyes, "You won't get fired. I'll make sure of it" I replied smirking. She smiled a little before turning her attention back to her computer, "I'm gonna have to pass. Sorry Hunter." To say I wasn't gonna take no for an answer would be an understatement, "I will personally walk over there and drag you out of the bus if you don't come by will." I threatened. She didn't even look up from the screen before replying, "Pft Id like to see you try." 'Fine challenge accepted' I thought to myself before walking over to her. She looked up from the screen to give me a 'can I help you with something?' look. I took the computer from her lap closing it and putting it on the spot next to her. In one swift movement I had her body hoisted over my shoulder as I walked off the bus. "Hunter!" She yelled kicking her feet and pounding her hands on my back. I set her down in front of the van filled with the guys who weren't even paying attention. "Yes?" I asked as she gave me a death glare, arms crossed, "Am I gonna have to put you in the car too or are you gonna do that on your own?" I asked smirking. She huffed out air making her bangs fly up a little and climbed into the car, hiding the smile that was on her face.

~Adalyn's POV~

I was currently in a local grill and bar type restaurant drinking Dr.Pepper while the guys had beer. I continued to play with my straw not paying much attention to the basketball game on the TVs. Don't get me wrong I like soccer and football but basketball and baseball weren't exactly my thing. I was interrupted from my thoughts when Hunter sat down next to me. "I guess we're the designated drivers tonight?" He chuckle gesturing to the soda in his hand. "Yeah. I'm not much of a drinker plus I've got work to do when we get back. And lets just say digital editing doesn't go well when you're drunk" I replied. We both got quiet and just watched the guys goof around. "I swear things get more interesting once they have a couple more drinks." He commented. I smiled as the guys passed around shots. They all looked at us since we were the only two with out a glass in our hand. "Oh come on guys. Have a little fun!" Andy shouted. I looked at Hunter and shrugged my shoulders, "One couldn't hurt right?" I suggested. He remained skeptical until Matt came

behind him and have him a pep talk like pro-boxers and their coaches. "Eh why not? We've got a late show tomorrow anyway. I should be fine by then." All the guys hollered as we downed our shots. I refrained from more drinking since I still had to drive and just watched the rest of the guys be crazy. Matt wobbled over to me and slung his arm over my shoulder, "You know Adi, wait can I call you Adi? Okay good" he continued with out my response, "You know Adi, Hunter is really not that bad of a guy. He's actually really nice but we told him to act cool to get the ladies." He said dragging out the word cool, "But this guy wouldn't know what that was if it hit him in the face. So just give the poor guy a break." He said laughing and stumbled away to the other guys.

-3hrs later-

The guys had all passed out in their bunks or basically anywhere else in the bus while I sat wide awake at the small table in the main part. I was trying to get work done but I couldn't get Matt's drunken words out of my head. Was he really just acting like a jerk to be 'cool with the ladies' or was that just how he is? Have I been too hard on him? I mean he practically carried me to the bar with the guys so I wasn't alone all night. He even apologized and offered to start over the first night on the bus. Maybe I am too hard on him and it wasn't fair. Okay new goal for the rest of the tour be nicer to Hun- I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard someone come into the mini kitchen

~Hunters POV~

I was messin around with some new music in the studio when I decided I wanted a snack. I headed into our mini kitchen and noticed Adalyn sitting at the table staring at her computer. She jumped a little when she saw me but smiled. "You still up?" She asked me as I sat down across from her. "Yeah I was just in the studio and got thirsty." I said gesturing to my water bottle. I noticed she was deep in thought earlier when I walked in, "Are you okay? You loo-" I stopped mid sentence when I noticed her body tense up at my question. She got this far away look in her eye, different then her face when she was thinking earlier. It was the same thing that happened on the bus the other day when I asked to start over. I called her name twice before waving my hand in front of her face, snapping her out of... whatever that was "Adalyn?" She looked down nervously, "Yeah sorry What were you saying?" She said trying to change the subject. "Adalyn what was that all about?" I asked referring to her second little episode. "It's nothing. I was just thinking" she said nervously. No way. I'm not buying that. "No you weren't. Something's wrong. Adalyn you can tell me. It's okay." "It was nothing okay Hunter." She snapped, walking over to her bunk.

~Adalyn's POV~

'So much for being nicer to him.' I thought before stuffing my face into my pillow and cuddling with my stuffed floral pig, trying to sleep.