Chapter 32: FORM ZODIAC!

Everyone stands amidst the Fear-amid, eyes on the reunited Pines family. I stare at them, a clenching tugging on my heart. Must be nice to have a family like that, I mean, I never really had one to start out with. I feel a squeeze on my hand.

Soos's kind face meets mine and I smile graciously at him. Definitely a mind reader, or at least a good emotions reader. Guess Mabel's datable tests were right.

Dipper's eyes tell me he's concerned more than his voice does, "Listen, Uncle Ford, we don't have a lot of time. Remember how you told me right before you were frozen that you knew Bill's weakness?"

"Yeah, a secret way to defeat him!" Mabel pipes in as she spots Bill fighting the Shacktron outside.

"I-I," Ford puts a hand to his chin, eyebrows laced together, "I do!"

The atmosphere has changed slightly, now with a more curious air. Behind us, sounds of Gravity Falls fight club rage on. I try to focus on Ford who's now asking for something to write with, but my eyes pull me to Bill. I watch him fight the Shacktron through a gape in the Fear-amid with my gut dropping as each hit Shacktron lands on him.

Is it bad I want to root for him? I squeeze Soos's hand a bit tighter but keep my gaze on the window.

Dipper's voice draws me from the window.

"Uh, we've got Bill outside, but I don't know how long we can keep him occupied!"

"Yes, yes. Good, good."

Ford has started on drawing the circle and I suddenly get the hardest whiplash of my life. The zodiac! Of course! How could I be so dumb?! The prophecy, the church, the symbols—everything lead up to this moment.

"Actually, great Uncle Ford, you're missing one," Mabel interjects and Ford stops immediately.

"What do you mean? I've been studying this prophecy all my life, I would know if I had missed...one."

Too late. Mabel had snatched the spray can from Ford and proceeded to draw the last symbol. My symbol.

Ford's face afterward was so priceless oh my GOD. He looked borderline offended but Mabel was his niece so he couldn't press anything further. He stood up, glaring at this new supposed symbol.

"A rose? There was never anything—"

"Hush! We don't have time! Over this summer, uncle Ford, we discovered a new one. A Rose; our friend Diana!" Mabel points to me and I am thrown for a loop.

"That-That was only one of the journals! The fourth one," I stumble with my words a bit, taking a small step back.

Being put on the stop made me uneasy so I began to fidget with my shirt.

A tiny laugh left Mabel as she handed the spray can back to Ford. "Well, yeah, a-duh! Dipper, you remember right? Diana showed you!"

Dipper flinched, being as nervous as I was to the attention sweet center.

"I...Yeah! It was strange, her symbol only showed up in the 4th journal, and I thought that it must have been an anomaly because well, the other journals just had the original—"

"No time! I believe you, Dipper. Now let us continue."

Stan looks shaken then folds his arms in frustration, "well, he's lost his mind. I mean look at 'em! He's not even caught up with his own dang art project!"

"My mind is fine. And there is a way to beat Bill." Ford finished the zodiac, towering above his rushed masterpiece. "With this."

Pacifica was unamused.