Chapter 5 - A flight of hope

(Hello here is another chapter of Charlie! I hope you all enjoy!
-Birdy)

(Charlie's POV)

When dawn came I could barely contain myself, I was so excited to finally go on an adventure with my friends! I may be 3576 years old but I am still a child when it comes to this kind of stuff, I'd run to go wake up Pearl and Pop-Rocks, " Pearl! Pearl! Pearl!  Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! " I'd yell while jumping around her. A 'mgh' is all I would get out of her, "hmm.... " I'd think that was followed by an evil laugh, I'd inhale and then would SCREAM out " PEARL! PEARL! PEARL! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! " which I assumed it worked because she fell off of her resting stone, I'd laugh and would run away from an angry dragon trying to bite my head off, which wouldn't really work that well... Pop-Rocks must have heard us because he cane put of his den with a yawn, but soon would jump back in to avoid the 'stampede' of a laughing dragon and and a fuming dragon. I'd jump on top a tall rock and would stick my tongue out at her still laughing, she'd jump up and push me of her now standing up on top of the rock, "hey! Are we going to go or are you just going to fight over that rock like little wyrmlings? " Pop-Rocks would state, " fine.... " I'd whine, shoving Pearl off one more time and then trotting away, which she'd follow at a walk. We'd find the river and would follow it, Pop-Rocks flying not wanting to get his claws muddy, Pearl was swimming and I was walking next to the water.

*TIME SKIP*

When we finally reached the next biome (snowie biome) the first thing I'd do is dive into the snow, Pearl would do the same as Pop-Rocks just rolled his eyes and continued onwards, still flying. We'd reach a human village and would stand outside of it, I'd be searching around for a totem pole, Pearl just curled up and fell asleep, while Pop-Rocks was looking from above,  I'd find the totem and would trot over to it, but I was met with a fairly small group of humans, but the strangest thing was they didn't attack me, they saw me and they came over and bowed down and started worshipping me? I have no idea what these humans do when it comes to their gods, but what I did know is that my wings were on that totem pole. So I tried something out, I motioned over to the pole and they saw I didn't have any wings, or really any part of my body (except her head and feet) one of the humans yelled at the other one which climbed up the totem pole and took off the wings. They held the wings out in front of me and they started to rattle before they flew into the spot they were sappost to be in, I'd flap my new wings up and down a couple of times before bowing my head, thanking the humans. I'd walk off with Pop-Rocks still circling above, I'd walk over to where Pearl was and expected to see her sleeping but instead, I saw her up on a rock with humans below her bowing, "CHARLIE! HELP ME, THESE THINGS ARE DOING SOMETHING AND I DONT LIKE IT! " She'd yell at me, I'd snicker and would walk away, which she jumped over the humans and would run after me. I'd flap my wings with enough power to send me into the sky meeting Pop-Rocks up there, which even though Pearl didn't have any wings, she followed us up into the air like a Chinese dragon, we'd fly for a while longer before finding the next biome and landing just before the portal to the water biome. " we'll stop here for the night " Pop-Rocks would say, " when did he become all leader-y? " I'd ask, " ever since his parents died... " Pearl would say, i'd reply with a 'hmm' noise.

(TO BE CONTINUED)