Chapter 11: Getting Out

Chapter 11

My mind is racing with all the terrible things Hans could have done to Anna. Did he drug her and put in a jail cell like he did to me? I decide to try and see if my thought could be true by shouting out for my sister.

"ANNA! ANNA ARE YOU THERE? IT'S ME ELSA! ANNA!", I stay silent for a few seconds and wait for a reply. I'm breathing hard now, my heart is racing. I shout for my sister again, but I still don't get a reply. A lump forms in my throat. My sister isn't here and God knows what happened to her. Hans is going to take over the whole kingdom and there is nothing I can to do since I'm locked in here.

"ANNA!?" I try again, but my voice falters. I have to get out. I have no other options. I sit down and take in deep breathes. What can I use against Hans? Think...

I gasp when I find the answer. My ice powers. Hans doesn't know about them. I can use them against him. I look at the manacles around my wrist. I touch the left manacle with my right hand. I freeze it. Then I do the same with other one. I sit up and walk over to the wall. Slowly I bring my hands above my head. In one graceful movement I swing my arms down against the stone wall, I close my eyes just as they come into contact with the wall. I feel a huge weight being lifted off my wrists. When I open my eyes again I see the manacles smashed in half, lying on the floor.

My next obstacle is the door. How do I get out? I look towards the foul-smelling bucket in the corner of the cell. It's too big to fit throug the small slide in the door, meaning the door must be opened to empty it. That gives me an idea. I go up to the door and shout out,

"Hello, excuse me! Guards? I need to empty my bucket immediately! I suggest you open this door right now if you would rather not be flooded by my waste!" I blush, this is extremely embarrassing to shout out. But it's the only way to get out and save no only my dear sister but the whole kingdom as well.

I hear a guard grunt and shuffle towards my cell, a faint jingle of keys is also audible. I smile to myself, my plan must be working. I step back a little when I hear the keys going into the lock. The guard must think that I am still tied to the wall by my manacles. As soon as the wooden door opens I shoot my arms foward. I feel the ice firing through my veins and out of my finger tips. In less then 5 seconds the fat guard is frozen by my wooden cell door. I run out of my stone cell, grabbing the keys out of the lock as a go.

"Hold on, Anna," I whisper to myself.

I'm free. Almost.