025

||look! 25 chapters!||

Nico was mixing pancake batter, something he and his mother used to make before everything went down in Italy, as Percy sat on the counter, wearing only gray joggers. They were both still tired, and even after seven months of drinking no coffee, Nico still found himself wanting some.

"How was your trip home?" Nico asked, still mixing the ingredients.

"Boring, I'm really glad to be home," Percy said, yawning and stretching. Nico smiled at the word 'home'. A word Nico didn't believe he had for the longest time and now he felt like he was there. And he really liked it. Loved it.

"Scared me half to death last night, by the way,"

Percy laughed tiredly. "Yeah, my bad, you were just really warm," During this sentence, percy had removed himself from the counter and wrapped his arms around Nico, resting them under his bump, resting his chin on Nico's shoulder. "You're surprisingly warm, you know that?"

Nico let out a snort. "Is that a compliment?"

Percy smiled. "Yes, it is,"

Nico smiled and turned his head slightly and Percy kissed his cheek before the son of Hades could react. Nico just laughed and stopped mixing, turning completely around so he was facing Percy.

Nico smiled and then Percy followed after him. Nico got on his tip toes and connecting lips with Percy, it was a quick kiss, just calm and innocent, but it was great, Nico couldn't think of anything better than good morning, domestic, sweet kisses with Percy Jackson.

"Now go or we'll starve,"

"Can we just starve for a little bit?" Percy asked, leaning down and kissing Nico again. Nico laughed and blushed slightly. He wasn't sure what he was blushing at, but he was blushing.

"No, now please go so i can make food?"

Percy pouted out a lip and sighed and then kissed Nico on the forehead and walked away back to the counter. "It's not my fault you're absolutely irresistible and oh very kissable, did you see that? I rhymed, hand me my poetry degree,"

"You're a sap, granted, a hot sap, but a sap," Nico laughed, pouring the batter onto the griddle.

"You know it," Percy laughed. "Do you know how to make shapes?"

Nico laughed and looked at Percy in dissbelief. "Seriously?"

"Dead serious, they taste so much better that way," Percy reasoned. "And I really want a octopus shaped pancake,"

"I'm almost positive I can make an octopus pancake, Perce, and mickey mouse, a very strange looking dinosaur, and a snowman," Nico laughs, now pouring the batter in an octopus shape. "They will all look like they were dropped on the head when they were younger, but I can do it,"

Percy smiled "Yes, thank you, the more octopus-ie the be -" Percy was cut off by Nico laughing.

"Are you aware of what you just said," Nico laughed, making a variety of different shaped pancakes while the octopus cooked.

Percy began laughing as his cheeks were tinted red. "Oh, gods, no not like that - this is why that saying exists 'think before you speak', and it's why is rhymes, if it rhymes it's true,"

"Oh, gods, I can't believe you said that, that's great, Percy, absolutely fabulous,"

Percy continued laughing, his head in his hands, "I can be a dingus sometimes,"

"Oh, but you're my dingus," Nico smiled, not really realizing what he said. Luckily Percy didn't point it out and cause Nico too much embarrassment.