Chapter Two

Salvationkit was playing outside with Tinykit, Dewkit, Gorsekit, Turtlekit, and Jaggedkit. "Let's play hide and seek!" Tinykit exclaimed. All the kits looked at one another. "Okay!" They all said.

   "Tinykit would probably be the hardest to find," Salvationkit pointed out. Then, Tinykit mewed, "Then it would be more fun!"

   All the kits nodded in agreement and decided that Turtlekit would be seeking them. "1...2...3..." Turtlekit began. Salvationkit scrabbled up a small tree and waited in a group of leaves that were clustered near the point where the branch jutted out. She could see the whole camp from up there! She could see all the warriors moving, and she could see if Turtlekit found the other kits or not. "18...19...29! Imma find you everyone!" Turtlekit squeaked.

   She went over to a bush that was close to Salvationkit and she went around the bush and even through it. Please don't look up. Turtlekit didn't look up she just ran over to another bush beside the nursery. She did the same thing as she did with the other bush close to Salvationkit, but as she went through the bush, she heard a terrified squeak, and Tinykit came running out of the bush. "Found you!" Turtlekit mewed excitedly. "Aw," Tinykit said. "I thought I would be the last kit to get found."

"Help me find the others!" Turtlekit squeaked. They ran over to the last bush right next to the entrance to SkyClan camp. Turtlekit looked around the bush while Tinykit looked in the bush. "No one here!" Tinykit mewed.

They ran over to the nursery and peeled inside, looking around Dawntail and Dapplenose. "What are you two kits looking for?" Dawntail asked. "Gorsekit, Dewkit, and Salvationkit." Tinykit asked.

"Well," Dapplenose said, "They're not here." They checked one last time and exited the nursery. They ran off to the elders den since none of the kits could be in the warrior's den, apprentice's den, leader's den, or medicine cat's den. "Are there any kits in here?" Tinykit asked.

"There isn't," a brown she-cat said. "Right, Riverice? Dustfeather?" The gray tom looked at the kits in amusement. "Fallingleap's right, there aren't any kits in here." Dustfeather, a brown tabby tom, said. The brown she-cat shifted, as if uncomfortable.

The two kits bursted into the den and they checked Dustfeather, Riverice, and Fallingleap. There was a muffled "oof" from Fallingleap, and Dewkit came out, his gray striped pelt ruffled and messy. "We found you!" Turtlekit exclaimed. Dewkit looked around and shook her pelt. "Who's left?"

   Tinykit answered, "Salvationkit and Gorsekit." They went out of the den and looked behind then dens. "You found me!" Gorsekit meowed.

   "We just need to find Salvationkit now!" Turtlekit mewed happily.

    After a long time they couldn't find Salvationkit. It was already sun high and they were beginning to get tired. "Salvationkit!" Dewkit yowled. "We give up! Where are you!" Salvationkit looked at them and thought, I knew they would never find me, this is a really good hiding spot! Salvationkit called out, "I'm up here!"

   All four kits looked up at the direction of her call and Salvationkit could see disbelief in their eyes. "How did you get up there?" Turtlekit asked. "I... climbed?" Salvationkit answered.

   "Salvationkit! Get down from there!" Dawntail scolded. Salvationkit jumped down from her branch and as she jumped off, she heard Dapplemist yowl, "No, Salvationkit! Don't jump off!"

  The next thing that happened was that Salvationkit landed on all four paws, completely fine. Almost half of the clan was staring at her, confused. She turned her head and saw Dapplemist bounding over to her, then she stopped and meowed, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do your paws hurt?" Salvationkit didn't know why Dapplemist was so worried. "I'm fine," she answered. Dapplemist sighed with relief.

   Salvationkit found her mother starting at her, fear in her eyes, then her mother walked toward her and picked her up by the scruff. "Hey!" Salvationkit squeaked. Dawntail put her down on the nursery floor. "Don't do that EVER again, Salvationkit." Her mother meowed sternly. "You could have gotten hurt."

   "But I didn't get hurt, didn't I?" Salvationkit protested. Dawntail grabbed her again and brought her to the medicine cat's den and dropped her. "Dapplemist, I need you to check Salvationkit, I need to know if she is really alright."

   Dapplemist looked at Salvationkit, then at Dawntail, then back again to Salvationkit. "Okay..." she meowed. Dapplemist touched her paw to mine and said, "Can you feel this?" Salvationkit nodded.

   Dapplemist pressed her paw harder into Salvationkit's. "How about this?" She asked. Salvationkit nodded again. "Can you stand and walk?"

   Salvationkit stood up and paced around in a circle. "Does it hurt when you walk?" Dapplemist asked. "No," Salvationkit mewed.

   "Is Salvationkit alright?" Lightningstar meowed from the outside. Dapplemist looked at Lightningstar. "She looks fine, I don't think she's hurt in any way."

   Dawntail let out a sigh of relief and sat down. Lightningstar just nodded in acknowledgement and turned away, revealing Jaggedtail, the clan deputy. Jaggedtail had a spiky, fluffy tail, and his warrior name perfectly describes it. His eyes connected with Salvationkits, then followed Lightningstar. Why is the clan leader so worried about whether I get hurt or not?