The next day nick

Woke me up by jumping on top of me.
"WHAT THE HECK NICK?!?" I screamed as I quickly woke up.
"What you think Z and Austin are gonna get brother sister bonding time with you and I'm not?" He said putting on his shirt, "besides, we won't see you anymore once you and Elom get married."
I started blushing at the thought and threw a pillow at him. "Fine. Where are we going?"
He simply replied with,
"You'll find out."

After about 20 minutes of driving we pulled up to an old abandoned Ferris wheel.
"Omg nick I haven't been here in forever!" I said extremely excited.

When I was around 12 and first met the boys Nick took me to this place all the time. First it started out as our hide away from the other boys. Now it's just a sacred spot only us two know about.

I went over and gave nick a hug.
"Zae don't do that you'll make me cry." He said laughing, hugging me back.

We sat calmly on top the Ferris wheel. The wind in my hair.
"Remember when my mom asked where we were going. And you lied and said the ice cream  shop. Then we'd actually have to stop there on our way home because mom always asked for ice cream?" I said staring at nothing.
"Yeah I remember." Nick said with his head down. "I remember every time we came."
"Then do you remember when my mom died and I ran here?" I said looking down now to, "You we're the only one who knew where I was."
"Yes. I do." Said nick, "I was just hoping you wouldn't. I didn't want that sad memory to ruin our place Zae."
"But it didn't." I said looking at him now, "it made it better. I don't have a problem talking about running to this place after she died because I think of it as a place I thought I felt safe in. Not a place we're I could grieve."
Nick smiled, "good." He said, "we need to come here more." And with that, he started to climb down. Me following him. On our way home we stopped for ice cream