3• Eye of the Storm

"All right, we'll head out."

After a rather long discussion between Temari and the shinobi who told the sand sibling to stay because, well, appearances? Team Kakashi headed out to the Kazekage rescue with Chiyo. This old lady can't be compared to the elders in my hometown, she is well fitted to run together with us and even dare to say her body isn't "physically fit". If my body were physical, this pace of running would make me crumble to the ground asking mercy. Maybe for this world standards, Chiyo is right, but for me, this grandma is proof of good maintenance of the body health.

I don't really remember her past very well, but I know the tension from before on her shoulders was caused by Kakashi's remembrance look's of his father. Sakumo killed her son and this woman held her grudge to the heart, making a wish to take revenge. Even if a lighter version of Sasuke's path of vengeance... Nonetheless, it's not something to look upon someone, but I can't bring myself to hate her or something alike. A mother's love for their children is not something I can really relate to, but there were so many cases of angry and sore women looking for justice if something happened to their children.

A mother's wrath is to be feared, be it family members or strangers;

"But no one was able to control that power which surpassed human intelligence."

Oh, if they only knew... Naruto, the knucklehead unpredictable ninja can do some mysterious and extraordinary achievements. Looking at him, a teenager named after a food that is smiling almost all the time, destined to be the child of prophecy. His spirit could be almost blinding for sure, one of the lights this world need.

If someone asked, I should and would say I'm proud of him. I saw how much growth happened in his life and how a great man he can become.

"If I don't change much of the events, the risks of him becoming a different person will be minimum..."

Wait, what in the world am I even saying? I will change things if not everything from the story I know. This shouldn't affect how Uzumaki Naruto see the world, and even if it does, shouldn't it be okay since people would be saved? This turmoil is displeasing to feel, like a stomach ache... No, is more like melancholy. Afraid, torn apart about changing things too much that it won't be a happy ending. The story would become so uncertain and it would be my fault if Konoha suffered the consequences.

I've read about it once, somewhere. Having the power to change and will, but the longing of the future that won't happen because of your actions. It takes you out of the comfort and determination you had.

"Is this where the oblivion about tomorrow becomes a blessing so the appreciation of the Present can take place?"

It is a surprise I became so philosophical after my death. I know this type of insight was a part of me, but not this much.

Okay, focus! This is not about how I feel anymore, there are lives depending on you again and there is no time to lose. The only thing to calm these feelings is to think that Naruto will be Naruto, no matter what.

"Stop!" Kakashi made a sudden stop, making the group look for the motive: Uchiha Itachi. Making myself stand in front of Kakashi and seeing him so near, it is just right to have the feeling of danger lurking when the Sharingan is involved. His active Doujutsu could bring a presage of Death, but... It is obvious his loyalty to Konoha is overlapping even with him wearing the Akatsuki cloak.

At least for me, it is obvious. Maybe is because I don't have to worry about an attack or pain directed at me, but no enemy would give time for you to talk among yourselves. This maybe would happen if he was planning the attack in the meantime or is underestimating the opponent's power and abilities, which Itachi obviously isn't. He is anything but stupid.