5• Numbing

"This is completely and utterly bullshit!" The frustration coming from Deidara is a good break for my tense shoulders. In the end, he can't see me even when I'm in front of him, causing an angry bomber to turn red from anger. The extraction is really delayed without one of its members and no doubt Pain is already thinking of a plan. After all, the enemy is getting closer and they still didn't finish the job.

"Deidara, forget about it. We need to finish this before they destroy the seals." With a huff, the blond went down to continue the jutsu. Oh well, if Naruto can get here even a second before Gaara fall to the ground, then my job is acceptable. If they get to enter here while the Akatsuki is finishing to take the two tails from its container, then I don't exactly know what could happen. Is not that I can't imagine what could happen, is more that I am afraid of even thinking about it. It is a life or death situation here for the Kazekage. With my actions poking the luck of how Gaara was the first Jinchuuriki to survive an extraction, certainly, this gives me the chills.

"If needed, Sasori will go outside and handle the situation until the jutsu is finished." No one discorded with the Akatsuki leader and seeing no jokes being sprouted then I really did a good job on putting them on some sort of uncomfortable situation.

Having time now to think of everything... Wouldn't it be better if I didn't interfere with things? Am I not being selfish by trying to change things? After all, even if it all has been harsh and that this story has a way to emotionally drain your life source, in the end, Naruto is happy, isn't he? Konoha is okay, the nations agree with peace... Sure, many had losses and unbearable pain too from a war against a godlike woman. But life is like that, isn't it? Ups and downs, achievements and regrets, some more than the others. I always believed karma existed and seeing everything I saw until the day I died, that thought never betrayed me.

I admit being sceptical sometimes, but considering the word inequality exists then the meaning behind it does as well.

I won't say it's a childish dream to make a difference, because I would be lying. Everything has their own weight, it just changes for each thing it's connected to. Sometimes so indifferent and other times so important. Like giving bread to a rich man or a poor man. Both can accept it, but its value is not the same on their own eyes.

Resuming, all of my wishes are selfish? Well yeah! They are my wishes, hello? The culmination of my desire for something? Is it... a bad thing? If it affects others in a bad way, then it is, I guess.

But that is the thing! I don't know if this wish will have the opposite effect of what I want! I can't try to grab more than I can hold, but how to know the limitations if you can't see them? Or if you don't know what exactly you are trying to get a grip?

Yes, It would be better just to leave things as it is. It would turn out to be predictable. I wouldn't have to worry about the future.

That doesn't sound like you. To just leave fate take the leash from your hands.

And who are you referring to again? Perhaps you just forgot that Vilem never was here in the first place.

But you said to pretend to be Minato for it would be easier if you were going to change things, as it seems... You don't have those intentions anymore. Right?

So I'm nothing? Not Minato nor Vilem.

Nothing. This is what you become after death.

After death, nothing will ever come for the dead and nothing ever will.

I bECaMe NoThINg.

...That's it? Did I become a no-one? I don't remember this being my greatest fear. Isn't hell supposed to put you through some torture for your everlasting eternity too? Ah, what am I thinking? Pretty sure the humankind was never right when described hell if they couldn't get the whole afterlife right. Maybe it's more like a psychological pain, to drive you insane. Oh, this is a living hell. So funny that you need to die to experience it.