6.5•Encounter

We didn't stop running nor we started talking during the run to the forest. Creating some space between us and the "Ghost" so I can give the orders to assist Team Guy quickly. Gaara will have to wait until after.

"Sakura you will assist Rock Lee, Chiyo-san please assist Hyuuga Neji. I'll go help Gai after Naruto reach me, understood?"

After a verbal confirmation that Sakura got it right and Chiyo-san nodded, they scattered already in the right direction. Good to know they were hearing Gai back there so I don't need to repeat myself. Not even twenty seconds after the women were gone, Naruto made to my location.

"We are going to each one assist a member of Team Guy. Tenten is at the riverbank south-southeast from here, go and help her with the clone."

"But Kakashi-sensei! What about-"

"Our allies are fighting right now Naruto. Gaara will have to wait until we are done, I'm sorry." The little man clenched his fists and gave a sharp nod with the head before running to the direction stated. I'm afraid he is trying to ignore and suppress his feelings. To see Naruto doing this feels wrong, as I'm the one used to do that. To think that deep down he knows Gaara is dead but still hoping, it just shows how much he cherishes his bond with those close to him.

After setting my charge safely on the ground, I summoned the pack. All of them on the ready, the only response from my call being a "Hey Boss." by Pakkun.

"There was some strange and unexpected flow of events. I need all of you to track a shinobi I couldn't detect a scent from, and more surprisingly, can stay invisible to the eye for a long period as it seems. He was last sensed at the cave in the ravine. Two Akatsuki members can still be out there so be careful. Go." And then there was no other living being near me except the forest bugs.

I took hold on Gaara again and wasted no more time to go.

It worries me that even after all the clones were dealt with, no response or status update from the tracking after the invisible-nin came to me. There was only so much I could wait, so I called Pakkun to resume for me what they had found until now while the rest of us recovered our breaths, shortly we will meet on an open space on the forest where Lee fought his clone. Because things escalated when Gai's genin tried to impress Sakura, now she is healing him. Lee sure is his pupil.

"Is just as you said Boss, we found some footprints at the edge of the cliff leading south but couldn't smell anything from it. Everyone is on high alert, but still following the traces. Believe it or not but it's becoming less the more we go."

"Alright. If any attack from the two Akatsuki members or the invisible-nin happens, be sure to come back immediately."

"Invisible-nin uh?" Neji commented after Pakkun sprinted to the south again. He looked better now after Chiyo healed his badly dislocated shoulder.

"Hum. He said to not be an enemy and tried to leave it clear that his intentions befall on helping the Kazekage. With the ability to maintain himself concealed from the eyes and chakra sensing, caution is not enough." I faced Gai, making his burst about youth and other extravagant thing die in his throat. He can look like a clown to everyone, but I know him and how a good Jounin he is if only his abilities are put on the table.

"It almost sounds like you are worried Kakashi and that really doesn't sound good coming from you my rival." He gave a smile that shined. Noting how the words weren't shouted, at least he can imagine what to expect from the new foe he may encounter.

"Gai-sensei, Kakashi-sensei! Naruto sensed someone nearby but not coming directly at us." Tenten reported from the radio. My mind made a connection with the information and my colleague was with a serious expression to show he knew what I was thinking.