Day 19: Gay

"Gay." Mr. James asked and I chuckled as Hunter and Damiens hands both shot up. " Mr. Collins. Do you have something to say."

" Lesbian. Gay. Bisexual. Transgender. A- Sexual. Queer. Intersex. They all mean the same thing. Human. People shouldn't give a crap about if you're Gay Lesbian or Bi. You're human. I am so sick and tired of all the debate about whether it's right or not. God damn it. They want to bring the bible in it. That's not ok. What Jesus are you praising because it sure as hell isn't my Jesus.  God said not to pass judgement it isn't your god damn place." I finished.

" Right but many people say Gay people shouldn't be parents because they need a traditional home and Straight couples are better at raising kids." I heard Damien and Hunter both scoff.

" So Same-Sex couples aren't good parents?When is the last time a same-sex couple disowned their child for being straight?  When is the last time a same-sex couple beat the crap out of their child for being who they are?" I asked and he seemed pleased.

" But people say it's against their religion." Mr. James countered.

" Claiming that someone else marriage is against your religion is like being angry with someone for eating a donut when you're on a diet." I answered.

" But Gay marriage-" Mr. James said and I got frustrated.

" Maybe we should make " Straight Marriage" Illegal it doesn't seem to have a very high success rate." I said and Hunter laughed.

"Mr. Collins-" Mr. James started.

" No.I'm so sick and tired of saying Gay and Lesbian. They are people like you and like me. One day I want my son to come home from school and say Hey mommy and daddy I found this really awesome guy and I think I love him. And I will say yes you do  and that's okay. Because it's okay and it's human." I said.

" Hell yes." Damien screamed tears in his eye threatening to fall and I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Mr. Collins. You are right people just need to get their head out of their asses to see that. And I say Hell Yes to that." Mr. James said.