Day 16: Cutting

“ Cutting.” Mr. James said.

“ You’re going to be in your skin for until you die.That’s a while. You might as well get comfortable in it.” Damien said.

“Some people harm themselves by destroying their skin. Other people hide the fact that there secretly destroying themselves. They destroy themselves from the inside and if you look into their eyes you can see it.” I said.

“ Sometimes the human skin is hard to live in that’s why most of us cut it open.” I looked to Isis as she sent a smile my way. I smiled back at her.

“ Exactly.” I replied.

“ Being a human can be to complicated. I don’t think anyone gets it until they have to go through it. The dark is empty; most of our heroes have it wrong. The bad guy left there a long time ago and they walk with us and talk like us. They break us down until we have no reason to stand again. And when we do it’s their to knock us back down again. Yeah it gets better but how the hell are we supposed to make it through now. It’s like a war that we can’t win. Cutting release some of that pain. Yeah it’s wrong and morbid; but what in this world isn’t.” Isis answered.

“ I agree, life can throw many curve balls. They come hurdling at us and we get addicted to something that takes away the pain. Some people get addicted to Cutting, pill popping, smoking and drinking. It’s an addiction. It’s an addiction that helps to get rid of the pain.” I added on.

“ That’s all that we can talk about for today the bell will ring in two minutes.” Mr. James smiled and got up.

When the bell rang I walked Isis to her next class. She smiled and kissed my cheek.