Day 2: Jokes

" Jokes are the new topic." Mr. James said as I sat down in my seat.

" Suicide." Cole said his face tensing a little bit.

" What do you mean? That's not a joke." hunter said.

" It isn't a joke but people use it as one." Cole clarified.

" Since when did it become okay to joke about Suicide?" I asked.

" It's not." He smiled.

" It's a serious matter that people are so scared of they have to make a joke out of it. It's such a hard concept to grasp actually. Suicide. The act of killing one's self." I hummed.

" Isis. We are not talking about suicide that's a later topic." Mr. James mumbled.

" Ok." I replied.

" Jokes. They can be good to. Sometimes you need to laugh." Damien said.

" Right you could be having a crap day and one joke can make your day." Hunter said.

" Would you care to explain." Mr. James said looking down at his notebook.

" Sure. Sometimes I come to school and I'm really upset but then I see Isis and Damien they will see I'm upset and to cheer me up they will make a joke out of everything." Hunter said smiling at us.

" Oh now that's a bunch of crap. Come on. You can't tell me that just them making a joke makes your day. You sure it isn't the fact that she's there." He said pointing to me.

" Dude she's like my little sister." Hunter said.

" Yeah. I've seen the way you look at her when you think no one is watching." Cole said his lips curving into a smile.

" She's like my little sister." Hunter said.

" It was just a joke man." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

" This is a boring topic." I sighed.

" Yes it is. I thought you guys would have more to say about it. You can have the rest of the period to yourselves." He said getting up from the chair and sitting in the front of the room.

" Isis nice name." Cole smiled at me.

" Thanks." I muttered looking at Damien who was searching his bag for something. I looked up because I felt eyes burning the side of my face and he was staring at me. With and intensity that made me weak at the knees thank god I was sitting.

" Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

" Because you're beautiful." He smiled. I opened my mouth to say something but words wouldn't form. I was speechless and I'm never speechless. I could only look at him and in what seemed like forever I got lost. From the world. I was in his eyes. His soul. His everything. I was in a paradise of his eyes. He never once broke eye connection. The only question that came to my mind was :Is he joking?

The bell rang and I broke eye contact. Damien and Hunter got up and started to walk out the door because they were in the same class today and I wasn't.

" Bye. Isis see you at Lunch."

" Yeah see you then." I said looking over my shoulder. I put my stuff in my bag and got up ramming into something really hard. I rubbed my cheek which got most of the impact.

" I wasn't kidding you are beautiful." Cole said in my ear. I slowly opened my eye to see Cole walking away. What the Hell? Who walks away after saying something like that.